• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. G

A good time Sluggin' at the range today (Review)

S&W M&P15-22 AR style rifle. Love it. l8r G
  2. G

A good time Sluggin' at the range today (Review)

So I took my teenage son out to the range and after a few (300+) rounds of 22LR we decide to try the slugs I had bought a few months ago in the mossberg. The ammo: - 15 rounds of Winchester 15-Round Value-Pack Slugs Super-X 12 - 5 rounds of Winchester WINLITE Rifled Slugs - 5 round of Federal®...
  3. G

2nd round Feed trouble - gun or user error?

****UPDATE**** 75 FLAWLESS rounds today. So I'll chalk it up to user error. I even had a few slooooooow pumps today (I was focusing on did I hit it or not) and not a single hick up. Thanks for all the advice and guesses, I'd say this one's solved. l8r g-man
  4. G

I did wiped off most of the cosmolene that I could see and get to with just a patch when I first got the gun, before I ever took it out to the range. I didn't take out the trigger group however until yesterday. I was looking through the manual trying to see if there were instructions on how to...
  5. G

Sorry for the confusion. No I had never stripped the gun down before, therfore the extractors were in from the factory. Great... Nnw guy stumps the experts. I'll chalk it up to a short pump and possibly jarring lose the round in the tube. Remington Gun Club #8. I did notice the tube seemed...
  6. G

While shooting skeet today I had an interesting thing happen. I pumped (thought the whole way) and shot but pulled trigger and click - not bang. I pumped and spent "still smoking" shell comes out and there's not one in the tube. It's on the ground still unshot. (This was the 2nd house at a...
  7. G

Target Ammo Question Mossberg 500

Thanks for the advice all. But question about choking the 28". The mossberg site says don't shoot anything through the threaded barrel without a choke installed and they recommend IC for slugs. Is that right? I realize without a choke in, the threads are exposed and I assume the IC choke is the...
  8. G

I'm more concerned that slugs will go through home invader (rather than missing him/her) and out through the drywall, same as a 9mm FMJ, thus the need for special purpose HD ammo in 9mm and probably some shot or HD ammo for the mossberg. g-man
  9. G

I'm starting out for fun. Yes slugs are expensive, and I wouldn't be shooting large quantities (I've got 22's for that). The 100 yard is the max outdoor range and you can setup target stands at 25,50,75 yards so 25 yards is the closest distance. I realize slugs aren't much for HD, so initially...
  10. G

New owner here, and I didn't quite find the answer in the search so I figured I'd ask. I've got a new field/security combo 28" smooth ported accuchoke barrel and 18" smooth barrel. Both with bead sights. I've shot skeet with the 28 and was thinking about doing some slug target shooting. 1)Was...
  11. G

Hello from Northern Va

It's a stock one from Dick's I'm sorry to say, nothing fancy. Did add a limbsaver to save my 40 something shoulder from the inevitable bruising. G-man
  12. G

Hello from Northern Va

New shotgun owner and new Mossberg owner. Bought a 500 field/security combo, and shot a round of skeet with it this weekend, and WOW! Great gun. So glad I got it. Glad this forum was here while I was doing my research. g-man
Back