• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. R

Lee Load-All2 shotshell press modification

I like that idea! Same here, I always disliked the red plastic lid for that same reason. I'm assuming you're securing the shot lid somehow? I think I'm not the only one that's ever dumped that danged thing all over the floor.
  2. R

Mossberg 505 20 gauge vs. Maverick 88 20 gauge

'Cept he's talking about "easily stripped and worked on", not a takedown barrel/mag tube as you guys seem to be fixated on arguing. If that was the topic then any old first gen single or double breech loaded shotgun from the late 19th century would be the first. Going to delete the next three...
  3. R

any 28in non ported barrels?

Numrich always has barrels. I used to buy 28" C-lect barrels and cut them to 20 and 24 for turkey hunters. A 20" with a Winchoke makes a great hunting gun. Those 28" barrels used to be avail for $24 a pop at one time. Nowhere near that now, though.
  4. R

Maverick 88 action issues

Like I said, if you have two parts, in this case one good gun and one rough gun, simply switch out parts and find the best. Put the good, smooth action slide tube onto the rough gun and try it out. If it fixes the prob, you know the bars need smoothing on the rough one. If it's still rough...
  5. R

front swivel stud?

Old school here. Small leather disk. Worked for hundreds of years.
  6. R

Replacement 5 round mag tube needed. Not a good nite

Bar, that tube looks mighty rough to be a new part. Did you say that came from Midway? Looks like three dings on that edge there. Must have been handled pretty ruggedly. Well, no biggy either way. As long as you got fixed up. All that counts. How's the gun working out for you now...
  7. R

Replacement 5 round mag tube needed. Not a good nite

You've got nothing to lose on a bent tube. Try hammering a socket down the tube with a broomstick. Start slow and small and then work up to the proper sized socket. You can tap it back out with a rod through the takedown screw hole. Don't hammer the socket directly or you'll damage it....and...
  8. R

590 #50670 Scabbard

Love that one you created, Joe! Great idea, bud! Looks very professional!
  9. R

Void the mossberg warranty?

That looks like the modern pinned forearm type. Are the bars pinned directly to the plastic there, Berg? Is there a castle nut on the front? That one, if it is the pinned type, can't be changed to mount a new type of forearm so the only thing you can do on that one is cut it. You did that...
  10. R

Void the mossberg warranty?

That forearm overlap has nothing to do with the tube length, though. It would stick just as far back as nwo if it was mounted on the longer slide tube. That collar where the action bars are pinned is the same exact length no matter the slide tube length. Cutting back on that left side of the...
  11. R

Are any of you shell reloaders making your own mini-shells?

On second thought, I'm not going to get involved in this one. Been there, done that.
  12. R

Followers

Yep, definitely plastic. That's about it. No idea why. I did just find this one, though; https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-835-12-Ga-Magazine-Spring-Follower-amp-Retainer-1-/302507262900 Appears to be the same one. I've never seen a Mossberg with a plastic follower. New one to me. Other...
  13. R

Followers

Belief has nothing to do with it. If you don't mind, though, pull it and post it. I'd love to see it just to see it. And as I said, buy an old mag tube and you'll most likely get the spring and follower free.
  14. R

Followers

All 500 family guns are the same follower, yep. That's why that strikes me as funny that one gun, for some reason, has a plastic follower that imparts zero improvement and adds cost. The only thing I can see on a plastic is that they can be self lubricating....maybe cut a fraction of a sec of...
  15. R

Followers

I admit I haven't bought a new Mossy in a few years now. Maybe five or so. But, to be honest, I have never seen a Mossy that came from the factory with a plastic follower! Is this something new? Price-wise, any part substitution you will ever see is due to cost....and I simply can't see any...
  16. R

what type lube??

Tip the oil can you put into your car upside down and into a bottle and get that last few drops of motor oil. There is no such thing as "gun oil". There's no reason to ever pay for such. Common baby oil (mineral oil) is perfect if you can stand the scent on your manly guns. If you can't...
  17. R

found problem with new 88

Strip it all the way down to the lifter alone. Nothing else. Use your finger and flip the lifter up and down inside the receiver and see if it hits anything. It should be totally silent, no rubs and no hits. If it rubs or hits anything, remove it and flex the arms left or right, apart...
  18. R

First Aid Kits

My hiking kit is a standard mil-surp IFAK. The plastic insert box type. Contains the standard three sizes of bandaids in sealed packets, an eye kit, a CPR card, one triangle muslin bandage/sling, two compressed dressings (pressure dressings), one compressed gauze roll, two pill bottles (one...
  19. R

Mossberg 500a extractor fix....

That's all the matters. I agree. But I suggest you get to know your gun a bit and find out what you can and can not do. It's an easy gun to work on. There are only like five parts that you'll ever need to worry about repairing and all of those can be done literally in minutes. Congrats on...
Back