• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Very interesting, I too discovered a similar thing. I noticed it when my barrel was returned after having my breacher installed by King Armory. I thought it was overspray from the refinishing process, but, now I wonder.
  2. S

930 Magazine Spring Survey

SeaScout 1. Can you load seven 2 3/4" shells in your 930 SPX - No-6 only 1A. If "Yes", what is the length of the spring and what kind of ammo. 1B. If "No", what is the length of your spring and what kind of ammo. 28" Wolfe spring 2. Can you load seven 3" shells in your 930 SPX - No 2A. If...
  3. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Steamdonkey, I wish to apologize for my tone. In my many, many years in business, I was and am, deeply committed to outstanding customer service. Thats why I try to help people here. It also drives me nuts when I see a company like Mossberg...
  4. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added*
  5. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I do not agree with your assessment. As a former CEO, who answered to the board of directors, I always wanted to be in front of issues. As an example, in the last 30 days, a couple of us identified a series of problems with a certain...
  6. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Call the CEO. Every single person who has a problem. Best...
  7. S

Nordic Magazine Tube Doesn't Fit

Does the company know that there are different spec's between first and third generation barrels? Can you not just return it? Best...
  8. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* As to the spring color question, I'm not convinced anyone really got to bottom of if there is a difference in strength based on colors of red, blue or black. At one time, we thought we had a definitive answer, but then a good service rep who...
  9. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I have come to the point of realization that unless we start a top down effort to improve things it will never get better at Mossberg. Call the CEO. Demand satisfaction. Make them aware of what is going on here at this forum. Best....
  10. S

Misfirings and strange wear patterns (image heavy post)

I would be calling the President/CEO and I am not joking one *** Damn bit. There is no way you should have be putting up with this cascading bullshit. You might inform he or she that their company would benefit greatly from that person either actively engaging on this forum or at least...
  11. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Re: Removing SPX front sight tower?? Well I did not do it myself, but it was done for me when I had my King Armory breacher/muzzle brake installed. After it was removed the muzzle was turned down and the breacher was brazed on, then the front sight was reinstalled about 3/4" further up the...
  12. S

930 SPX Wolff XP Spring Question

Well the thing is, it should not be that ammo sensitive with new ammo when your at 250 rounds through it. Should be broken in and settled down. Something is messing with that timing. Have you pulled your trigger group and cleaned and checked that the elevator has a full range of motion? That...
  13. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: butt pad options ?!?! There is a complete review of the Beartooth buttpad by Ripjack under the catagory of "Reviews". viewtopic.php?f=78&t=4080 Pictures of my rig are located here under "Recoil pad advice". viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4307 :D Best...
  14. S

Here is one possible answer to the same problem. Copied from another forum: I figured it out!!! It was the mag tube. The ends had a bit of metal left from the machining that was hanging up the shell. I didn't notice it until I tired to install the Nordic follower, it was slightly larger...
  15. S

OK then, it sounds like the culprit is not over spring tension as it happens with both springs with different load counts. And when you hand cycle, you are doing it with authority right? Pulling the charging handle back and letting fly as hard as it is meant to every time? I know these seem like...
  16. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

SeaScout Hi, I understand the non sticky part. I went with a Beartooth adjustable recoil pad and one if their ammo sleeves. Then I used one of their extra recoil pads under the ammo sleeve to increase the comb on my stock. Looks like a Monte Carlo stock now. Worked like a charm for what I...
  17. S

One other thing I would check is the condition of shells before and after you hand cycle them. At one time my extractor was leaving bad burrs on the rims of shells. Really roughing them up. That could have lead to problems had I rotated the same shells through practice drills at home and not...
  18. S

Hi, OK SPX. Glossed over it in the title. Usually this type of hang up occurs when the last loaded round has too much pressure on it. Hence my question if it would function fine with 5 rounds. If the 6th is just barely fitting, you could try cutting a few coils off the spring, or testing it...
  19. S

Parts fell out while cleaning

They should come out. Use a piece of cleaning rod or something else to carefully drive them out. They are just tight. After getting the trigger group out and reassembled, cock the hammer and engage the safety before putting it back in the receiver. The owners manual should do a better job...
  20. S

Hello, Interesting. What model of 930 do you have? 28" is my recommended length for a SPX with a stated 7 round capacity, although mine holds 6 with what I prefer. Can you load 5 and rack the bolt and chamber a round? How hard is it to load the 6th round? Does it just barely fit? What is the...
Back