• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Reaper

Anyone use a stainless mag follower?

I run S&J polymer followers in my Mossberg 500 and Rem 870's. I believe they are an upgrade over the factory followers. I have read stories about the stainless aftermarket followers binding in mag tubes.
  2. Reaper

Great Service from Havlin Sales!

I've ordered from Havlin Sales a few times, great service. I emailed a few questions, got a personal phone call back! Awesome!
  3. Reaper

Magazine tube removal success

This might be considered blasphemy here but.......the Remington mag limiter that comes with the older 870's (the 2 that I have) is plastic and much larger diameter than the wood dowel that a Mossberg comes with. I bet it would work perfect in the 4 round tube on a Mossberg. I'll have to dig one...
  4. Reaper

No hunting with this 7+1 Persuader, its a HD/SHTF gun only, so a mag limiter will never be in this guns magazine. I can see where it might be a problem with the wooden dowel mag limiter. S&J makes other style followers for the Remington 870 but only offer this type 3 with the hole in it for...
  5. Reaper

The S&J Hardware follower is a high vis flo green and has a hole in it to feel for an empty magazine. Loaded and cycled some dummy rounds and everything works perfectly. [/IMG]
  6. Reaper

No more loc-tite for this gun. Like LTB45 says, no way the mag tube can possibly come loose with the barrel attached.
  7. Reaper

I've had a S&J Hardware type 3 follower and Wolff XP magazine spring laying around for a couple years now and finally decided to tackle the mag tube removal job on my 7+1 Mossberg 500 Persuader. Never had any problems with the factory follower and spring but wanted to upgrade anyways. I used...
  8. Reaper

Heat shield for my 500

I bought my 20 inch Mossberg 500 cruiser/persuader a few yeas ago. I quickly put a Hogue 12 inch LOP stock/forearm kit and a factory Mossberg steel safety on it. A couple of weeks ago while scanning the shotgun parts for sale on an AR15 forum that I visit daily, I found a new take-off...
Back