• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. SoCal Choppas

AR-15 and Variants

Funny..that you guys are talking about the polymer lower, my current build is the New Frontier LW-15 lower. I paid $99.00 for a complete lower, including trigger group, stock/commercial buffer tube. So far my only complaints: Magazines don't drop free, probably can be fixed with light sanding...
  2. SoCal Choppas

AR-15 and Variants

Hi Guys/Girls, Haven't been on for a while now, summer time is my outdoor time (hiking, shooting competitions, etc)...anycase..finished and finalized my AR and started building another one. Notice the brand new Magpul MOE Rifle Stock ;) Really liking it verses, the adjustable MOE stock...
  3. SoCal Choppas

Can you post some pictures of your mag tube wear?

Picture taken today: 6/12/2012 My 2nd SPX has actually less abnormal wear and tear then my first SPX..you can go back to my old posts to see the wear on the first SPX. This wear is on the bottom side of the mag tube. Round count is as listed below
  4. SoCal Choppas

low recoil rounds in a 930

Fiocchi LE Low Recoil 00Buck will not cycle my 930SPX, I think it was rated at 1100-1150fps I would get stove piping and sometimes the spent round will stay in the chamber. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6V8CP-pmU
  5. SoCal Choppas

Mossberg 930 Bolt Stuck Open

Ouch..those are kinda deep! Call Mossberg and tell them to send you a return prepaid shipping label. Send it back!
  6. SoCal Choppas

"I have no other major complaints except I found my spx shoots a bit to the right, approximately 3 inches at 50 yards. Currently working on an solution as it drives me crazy to see my rear site adjusted so far to the left to compensate. Not sure about your gun rest causing that problem."...
  7. SoCal Choppas

2012 Build Project early Kick OFF!

Thanks Oli, but sorry you had to see that stubbie thing :cry: In California, I'm limited to 10 round max capacity....unless I have pre-ban magazines.
  8. SoCal Choppas

I provided a link to the explanation of the California Compliant "Bullet Button" http://www.scopedin.com/reviews/ar-15-equipment/the-bullet-button-magazine-release/
  9. SoCal Choppas

930 SPX and Winchester PDX1 Defense Ammo

I got 6 more rounds. I'll try it again with targets at a maximum 21 feet, which I think is a realistic maximum distance shooting inside a house.
  10. SoCal Choppas

Thanks! I changed the hand guard configuration and added Surefire rail covers:
  11. SoCal Choppas

loaded up some 9

Great picture by the way!
  12. SoCal Choppas

I took my first AR build project on her maiden voyage today, ran about 200 rounds and she ran flawlessly! Even in the cold temps with rain and snow coming down on her! I wish I took pics and a video, but my camera isn't weather proof. This will be my 3 Gun Comp rifle, so I will need to build...
  13. SoCal Choppas

930 SPX and Winchester PDX1 Defense Ammo

Just a quick FYI: Today I ran 4 consecutive rounds of the PDX1 and it cycled the shotgun fine. I was kinda surprised it would, since this 12 gauge ammo is rated at 1150 feet per second and I've had no luck with ammo rated 1150 fps and below in my 2 930 SPXs. I will tell you, my shoulder is...
  14. SoCal Choppas

Are you talking about this in my video? I believe it's a timing/feeding issue, where the shell elevator fails (Moves too fast) to let another round from the mag tube on to the elevator or the mag tube failed to feed a round to the shell elevator. It's only happen twice to me...
  15. SoCal Choppas

Answering roll call....new 930 SPX on it's way

Welcome aboard and good luck with your SPX. You'll find that the people on this forum aren't like most other forums...no "Keyboard warriors" or "Cyber Bullies" that love to flame you on questions. Great Peeps we have here.
  16. SoCal Choppas

New guy

Welcome aboard! Hello from SoCal
  17. SoCal Choppas

Southern California

Most are still closed due to fire restrictions: Bee Canyon just recently opened up by Hemet and there is one by Big bear. I don't have any area pictures..you maybe able to do a google earth picture of the areas. Or go to Calgun.net for local California shooting areas...
  18. SoCal Choppas

Hog Hunting

Re: Has anybody hunted hogs with the Tac .22? In the video, you can tell/hear the shooter was freaked out....this might be his last Hog hunt with his AR.
  19. SoCal Choppas

Hog Hunting

Re: Has anybody hunted hogs with the Tac .22? I saw that video before the comments was disabled...there were hundreds of angry comments and remarks. I actually wonder if that guy was using range ammo, instead of special purpose hunting rounds ie: soft points.
  20. SoCal Choppas

Hog Hunting

Re: Has anybody hunted hogs with the Tac .22? I found it disturbing too. I rather have over kill, no pun intended.
Back