• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

‘MILLIONS’ OF KIDS BEING ‘SHOT DOWN BY ASSAULT WEAPONS’

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Millions?!?!?!?!?!?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqyDyMb7Kk[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqyDyMb7Kk

During an appearance on MSNBC this morning, Congressman Charlie Rangel was asked what he thought about the assault weapons ban being dropped from Senate bill.

Rangel blamed the defeat on politics and money and then made the extraordinary claim that "millions of kids" are dying because they are "being shot down by assault weapons."

I’m ashamed to admit it but its politics and its money, The NRA has taken this position, there is no reason, there is no foundation. There is no hunter that needs automatic military weapons to enjoy the culture of going hunting.

But you know it’s really basically the absence of the voices of good people. I cannot believe that politicians are afraid of the NRA, if they thought for one minute that the churches and the synagogue and the priest and the ministers were saying "Hey! Do the right thing and we have your back.”

We're talking about millions of kids dying — being shot down by assault weapons, were talking about handguns easier in the inner cities, to get these guns in the inner cities, than to get computers. This is not just a political issue, it’s a moral issue and so when we condemn the NRA we should not ignore the fact that a lot of people that have taken moral positions have been solid on this big one.

FBI data from 2010 shows a vast majority of gun murders in the U.S. are committed with a handgun and you're more likely to be killed with someone’s “hands/feet/fists” than a rifle. Furthermore, the total number of gun/firearm homicides in 2011 was just 8,583.

Link

It is beyond comprehension how these people represent the public...

MikeD said:
Millions?!?!?!?!?!?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqyDyMb7Kk[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqyDyMb7Kk

During an appearance on MSNBC this morning, Congressman Charlie Rangel was asked what he thought about the assault weapons ban being dropped from Senate bill.

Rangel blamed the defeat on politics and money and then made the extraordinary claim that "millions of kids" are dying because they are "being shot down by assault weapons."

I’m ashamed to admit it but its politics and its money, The NRA has taken this position, there is no reason, there is no foundation. There is no hunter that needs automatic military weapons to enjoy the culture of going hunting.

But you know it’s really basically the absence of the voices of good people. I cannot believe that politicians are afraid of the NRA, if they thought for one minute that the churches and the synagogue and the priest and the ministers were saying "Hey! Do the right thing and we have your back.”

We're talking about millions of kids dying — being shot down by assault weapons, were talking about handguns easier in the inner cities, to get these guns in the inner cities, than to get computers. This is not just a political issue, it’s a moral issue and so when we condemn the NRA we should not ignore the fact that a lot of people that have taken moral positions have been solid on this big one.

FBI data from 2010 shows a vast majority of gun murders in the U.S. are committed with a handgun and you're more likely to be killed with someone’s “hands/feet/fists” than a rifle. Furthermore, the total number of gun/firearm homicides in 2011 was just 8,583.

Link
Yeah, I'm stepping over them in the streets aren't you???

ALSO in the first sentence or two he refers to 'military style automatic weapons' - WRONG!!
Like the old 'swear jar' where you had to drop a quarter for using certain words there should be recourse for these mis-spoken words. They DO harm - each time they lie as if it is a passionate error they do harm.

It's like Akin and his idiotic ramblings about rape and his back peddling and "everyone knows what I meant" garbage. NO everyone doesn't and as a public figure in a position of power your standard for speaking correctly is at the HIGHEST level!! Live up to it. Stop playing games with people's rights!!!

This is from a politician that was being investigated by he Feds for tax evasion...he shouldn't even be in politics anymore. If it were you or me we'd be in jail...

We have to find a way to show the rest of the country just how wrong these politicians really are...

But remember, any gun that holds ammo and can be fired are assault weapons to these people...

Actually Miinga this coming from the man behind the podium in charge of the 1986 machinegun ban when it was passed as an amendment to the Volker/McClure Act without giving time to discuss what they were voting on even when clearly the senators present were against it.

Exactly how I think will play out again where semiauto weapons are concerned now 25 years later.

Here is the footage for you to see for yourself.

Here is why a civilian cannot make a legal machinegun after may 13, 1986.

That's him swinging the gavel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ[/youtube]

pieces of chit like Rangel make me ashamed i'm from NY. ,,,,,but they all love him Uptown.

Obviously he was confusing the US with Mali, Somalia, and other 3rd world armpits.

Then again maybe not. Rangel and most other liberal/progressives have no problem lying thru their teeth to get what they want. Plenty evidence of that. :roll: :evil:

Back