• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

00 Buck

Picked up my first ever lot of 00 Buck today called SG shot, rather hide to find over here! Looking forward to having a plink with these

uploadfromtaptalk1449247654043.png

Voodoo

OK...I'll bite.

What makes this 00 Buck special...?

Is SG Shot the name of the company...or the name type of the proprietary shot...?

How many pellets....nine or twelve....?

Order it online...or is it brick & mortar store...?

looks like three stacks of three on a cushion with an overshot card, no shot cup

expect heavy leading in the bore and loose patterns beyond 15 yards with a cylinder bore , little better with chokes but not much . in fact tight chokes may hurt the pattern worse with this ammo because the shot is non coated soft lead and will readily deform under the squeeze of the choke creating flyers out of the most deformed pellets

My thoughts were the same oli, gonna do some testing this weekend hopefully, heard good things about them.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Didn't realize you were in the UK...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah only 2 or 3 manufacturers even make it over here i believe and can't comment on price difference as i dont know what you guys usually pay for it

Been buying this special deal online once a month ( every month ) for almost exactly one year now ( Dec 31st, 2014 )...

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/estate-ammo-00-buck-deal.13138/

=====================

MidwayUSA:

Estate Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 00 Buckshot (9 Pellets)

250 rounds ( 10 boxes of 25 rounds each ) = $79.99 + 16.74 S/H = $96.73

Features
  • Tight-patterning 00 buckshot
  • Versatile load
  • Perfect for volume shooting at the range or in the field
Half off – Quality 00 Buck in 25-round boxes for around 8 bucks a box.

Technical Information
  • Gauge/Bore: 12 Gauge
  • Shell Length: 2-3/4"
  • Shot Size: 00 Buckshot
  • Number of Pellets: 9
Ballistics Information:
  • Muzzle Velocity: 1325 fps

Bloody hell that is well priced i payed £9.50 per box of 25 works out at around 14 ish dollars i think?

I think that stuff is a French manufacture for Estate/ATK with a roll crimp, which might cause you to lose one shotshell of capacity in your mag tube. Interestingly, I have the older version of this 9P/00B/1325 fps loading that is of USA manufacture with a star crimp (allowing for full capacity in the mag tube) and it's okay. Problem is, I occasionally get one to stick in the chamber on any one of my half-dozen combat mossies, even with the dual extractors at 90/270 on the bolt. Maybe that's way they changed subcontractors for this ammo? Do any of yours stick?

That is correct Captain...it IS Roll Crimped...which adds just enough length to the shell to render a eight shot mag tube into a seven shot mag tube.

But, I'm not going into battle with it...it's a great practice load and my Mossberg 590a1 loves the stuff....

I'll use slug for combat / home defense projectiles....long enough to fight to my AR15.

ARs are very useful for a variety of threats, but not a realistic home defense option for many of us living behind the iron curtain of ignorance/stupidity in UNSAFE new yorkistan. I have done a lot of research and field testing, including publishing a bunch of stuff in various gun mags, but slugs wouldn't be my first choice for go-to home-D shotgun ammo. Some of the low recoil 00 loads from Federal (flitecontrol wad) and Hornady (versatite wad) are outstanding, produce super-tight patterns at typical home-D engagement distances (10-to-30 feet) and the reduced recoil allows for lightning fast follow-up shots if your 12-gauge is set up accordingly. Federal's LE1B load (15P, #1 buck, 1100 fps) is another interesting alternative, but is extremely hard to find. #4 buck is also a nice option and I just picked up a bunch of Federal's PD156-4B to field test and pattern for an upcoming product review. It's lower recoil at 1100 fps, with 34 pellets, but it's not flite control, so the pattern will be "expansive", probably following the usual 1" spread for every yard downrange. Will post some pics of my assortment of 590A1/590s later, but I'm fighting a story deadline for this weekend.

Understood Capt...the right tool for the situation at hand is always the best option to go with.

I use the Hornady SST Slugs for home defense...as our nearest neighbors are a half mile down in the road in any direction.

If it can drop a 250lb deer in it's tracks, it will stop a two legged predator just as well at in the home / outside on my wooded property distances.

ARs are very useful for a variety of threats, but not a realistic home defense option for many of us living behind the iron curtain of ignorance/stupidity in UNSAFE new yorkistan. I have done a lot of research and field testing, including publishing a bunch of stuff in various gun mags, but slugs wouldn't be my first choice for go-to home-D shotgun ammo. Some of the low recoil 00 loads from Federal (flitecontrol wad) and Hornady (versatite wad) are outstanding, produce super-tight patterns at typical home-D engagement distances (10-to-30 feet) and the reduced recoil allows for lightning fast follow-up shots if your 12-gauge is set up accordingly. Federal's LE1B load (15P, #1 buck, 1100 fps) is another interesting alternative, but is extremely hard to find. #4 buck is also a nice option and I just picked up a bunch of Federal's PD156-4B to field test and pattern for an upcoming product review. It's lower recoil at 1100 fps, with 34 pellets, but it's not flite control, so the pattern will be "expansive", probably following the usual 1" spread for every yard downrange. Will post some pics of my assortment of 590A1/590s later, but I'm fighting a story deadline for this weekend.
Amen on the Federal LE132-1B! That stuff hits like a freight train, but with minimal risk of overpenetration.

I did my own pattern testing last year from my 930SPX:

Federal1B_zpsf85c0727.jpg

Back