• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1776 feet

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
This means something more to patriots than it does to others.

NEW YORK (AP) — The World Trade Center's rebirth has long revolved around creating a centerpiece of unsparing symbolism: a skyscraper 1,776 feet tall, its height an homage and a bold statement about looking forward.

The new 1 World Trade Center reached that height with the lowering of a silvery spire from a crane on Friday, officially taking its place as a signature of the city's skyline and, with some argument, the nation's tallest tower.

After years of waiting for and watching the building's rise, the moment resonated for many, from workers who looked on from the building's roof to visitors on the ground.

"It's a pretty awesome feeling," Juan Estevez, a project manager for Tishman Construction, said from a temporary platform on the roof of the tower where workers watched with shouts of joy as the final two sections of the 408-foot, 758-ton spire were installed.

Carol Johnston gazed up at the structure later Friday from a nearby building.

"It's sort of a renewal ... like 'you can't keep us down,'" said Johnston, a tourist from Fort Worth, Texas.

http://news.yahoo.com/spire-installed-w ... 23170.html

,,,and it's a beauty.

,,,screw you and your jihad.

Attachments

• 1_WTC_rendering.jpg
    1_WTC_rendering.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 47
It is a tribute to overcoming adversity.

But what worries me is that a small group of basically backward assed individuals could actually take us to our knees like they did. We all should know that the new building is now a target. I'm not saying that we should not have rebuilt at ground zero but that we should be ever more diligent in our defense of our country.

Wiki Facts: On May 10, 2013, the spire was installed atop the One World Trade Center skyscraper, making it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere and the third-tallest building in the world by pinnacle height, with its spire reaching a symbolic 1,776 feet (541 m) in commemoration of the year of American independence. It has been the tallest building in New York City since April 30, 2012. On March 30, 2009, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey confirmed that the building will be known by its legal name, One World Trade Center, rather than the colloquial name, Freedom Tower. The new World Trade Center complex will also feature three other high-rise office buildings, located along Greenwich Street, and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, located just south of One World Trade Center, where the Twin Towers once stood. The construction is part of an effort to memorialize and rebuild following the destruction of the original World Trade Center complex during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

OhioArcher said:

But what worries me is that a small group of basically backward assed individuals could actually take us to our knees like they did. We all should know that the new building is now a target. I'm not saying that we should not have rebuilt at ground zero but that we should be ever more diligent in our defense of our country.

just like at pearl harbor we were awakened. not taken to our knees.

we are in a slump till 2014 when we can get this country back up to par like it was.

Yeah, I heard the correlation to PH but that was a different era. PH was a long way off, not really an attack on the homeland like 9/11 was. For most of the population, PH was a distant paradise. Hitting NY like a sledgehammer did take us down quite a few notches. It was like a huge gut punch that pretty much dazed the whole nation. And it wasn't a massive military operation like the Japanese used against us. It was a rag-tag bunch of wanna-be terrorists that should have never gotten as far as they did. I think that doubled the hurt we all felt...

old mossy said:
OhioArcher said:

just like at pearl harbor we were awakened. not taken to our knees.

we are in a slump till 2014 when we can get this country back up to par like it was.

To god I hope your right mossy... but I've always been a bit cynical, and fear that our country has taken a heading that steering us straight into disaster. I have seen many parts of this world and experienced many different cultures, I wouldn't want to trade those experiences for anything... I can tell you that the U.S. (at its best) is still my favorite place and wouldn't want to give that up for anything.

Lets make sure we support our troops, support politicians that ensure our rights as citizens and lets vote some common sense back into the oval office... and if we get the chance... try and talk some freeloading lefty back to sanity.

Back