• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

185 DA bolt information

TheTubGuy09

Copper BB
Hey all. I just picked up the 185DA at an auction. These older Mossbergs have piqued my interest lately as I've been on a quest to find my childhood gun, the 146B. This 185 has been used and used well. The question I have is about the bolt.

When the bolt is removed, the front half rotates 360 degrees, and can easily separate from the back half when the flat area on the bolt lines up exposing the firing pin and spring. Is this normal or is the bolt just worn out that much?

When its assembled and in the gun, it operates very smooth. The firing pin snaps and it ejects the shells with ease.

Hey all. I just picked up the 185DA at an auction. These older Mossbergs have piqued my interest lately as I've been on a quest to find my childhood gun, the 146B. This 185 has been used and used well. The question I have is about the bolt. ...

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

TubGuy, good to have you here. There are some manuals available online that may be of some help to you. Personally, I know nothing that could help you on your great old gun, but I found some vids that may be of some interest. I just searched for "mossberg 185d bolt disassembly" and found stuff like this:

Download Western Field 12 Gauge Shotgun Manual - Online ...
elegantguidesz.onmypc.net › ...

upload_2020-12-19_11-34-39.jpeg

11:46
185D, 185D-A, 185D-B, 185D-C, 185K, 185K-A, 185K-B. 3 1/2" 152=Hunter ... Air Rifle Servicing Surrey ...
Mar 4, 2014 · Uploaded by MANUFACTURED HOMESTEADER
Download Western Field 12 Gauge Shotgun Manual - Online ...
elegantguidesz.onmypc.net › ...

View attachment 24283

11:46

185D, 185D-A, 185D-B, 185D-C, 185K, 185K-A, 185K-B. 3 1/2" 152=Hunter ... Air Rifle Servicing Surrey ...
Mar 4, 2014 · Uploaded by MANUFACTURED HOMESTEADER

Thanks for the responses. I've looked more into the and this is a two piece bolt. Here are a couple of photos. To remove the head, you just rotate 180 degrees and it exposes the firing pin. Just not sure if this is normal or if its worn to the point i Need to be concerned with it.185DA bolt2.jpg 185DA Bolt 1.jpg

Back