• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911 Grips, Handgun Grips

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Pretty much what the title says. What do like, what do you not like.

I have the Pachmayr wrap around grips on my 1911 now, didnt care for the cocobolos at all really. To me didnt look right with the parkerized finish, nor did they feel right. The Pachs are sweet, the black looks good and the ruberized checkered grip and front strap feels good.

I have a set of the Ergo Grips in dark earth coming too. I'll update as soon as I have those. Theyre made in the US, stippled finish in hard rubber. I got the tappered bottom.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detai...age=ergoxtr.gif&CFID=4403718&CFTOKEN=85498472
ergoxtr.gif

I got wood...

Grips of course. To me there's nothing better than the look and feel of checkered double-diamond rosewood!

Checkered walnut aint bad either...

BersaThunder380CC5.jpg

Doesn't always have to be checkered...

Of course the common denominator in all my photos is that all the finishes are stainless or nickel. I have to agree with Brad in that I've always had a hard time with most wood grips on a blued or parkerized finish. That is unless you manage to hunt down a purdy set of black or charcoal stained wood grips!

Pictured below is one of the most beautiful sets of black wood grips I've ever seen. I bought them for my Pop for his Colt Combat Commander and the matching m1911 knife.

Wood just has a much better feel to me. When I pick up my pistols the wood makes them feel warm and more personal, like shaking hands with an old friend.

Thats something I have always really liked about your handguns, are the rosewood grips and stainless, its an impecable look!

Hmm, I hadnt considered loooking for black wood grips.

Thank you Sir!

Black wood grips are a LOT harder to find, but worth the hunt! You could always buy a set of walnut grips and stain them black youself. I've been thinking about doing that with a set for my Type M 92fs Compact. I think it'd look great with a set of deep charcoal stained checkered Beretta medallion grips.

At the moment my 1911 is wearing some black and gray burl wood smooth grips from Zipps Grips. You might look to Anrends grips too, as they are some of the best grips for the money, and have several checkering options along with wood options. VZ grips for synthetic materials. And don't forget stag, the next set of 1911 grips I get will be stag!

On mine I use a double diamond cocobolo grip from wood grips.com. If you have an ambit safety like I do they can cut them to your specs at no extra charge. I think I paid about 45 dollars for mine. Under them I have a pearce rubber grip insert which cost me about 10.00. I posted the pics of my stainless 1911 on the 1911 thread so you should be able to see how the grips look on there. These are what I recommend as the most comfortable. For me anyways.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I wonder how hard it would be to make some? I have a trunk full of exotic wood just collecting dust.

Hmmmm......anyone want to donate an old pair of grips to me so I can get some specs on it? If you do I'll make you a set free.

ripjack13 said:
I wonder how hard it would be to make some? I have a trunk full of exotic wood just collecting dust.

Hmmmm......anyone want to donate an old pair of grips to me so I can get some specs on it? If you do I'll make you a set free.

I have the original plastic black factory that came with the taurus if you want those I would trade em for an extry set of wood grips. I believe though the wood grips are slightly different dimensions. I tried to get the taurus rosewood bullhead grips but they wouldnt sell me a pair except for on a pistol.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Aluma grips thinline for my carry pieces. Thinner width on the grip and aluminum that does not grab on to clothes like a rubber grip.

5close.jpg

2unpack.jpg

Heeyyy Joe....that's a perdy gun in yer hands...

Holy awesomeness batman! I love the second pix grips....

Back