• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: Utah's "Other" firearm MFG.

That's very cool I remember seeing LAR guns years ago but they had fallen off of my radar.

Thanks for posting that! Always fun to see and learn about some unique American-made firearms!

Thanks again :)

was bored at work and decided I needed a barrel bushing wrench, I have never had a barrle bushing be such a PITA!

Its only 5052 1/8" aluminum, But it works! Not bad for cutting it by hand.

0611021411.jpg

Normal barrel bushing.

0611021408.jpg

0611021408a.jpg

I wanted to cut it out on my wifes machine, But its been busy all day so I manned up and did it myself!

I also forgot to post this pic of it disassembled and freshly out of the Ultrasonic from last weekend.

0608021529.jpg

Have fun!

Nice work Sir!

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for leads on conversion parts...

I want this! Gotta have it!!!

Attachments

• PX9152LP (Small).gif
    PX9152LP (Small).gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 250
I am torn between getting a Springfield Range Officer and a Kimber Custom II any insight on either of these? It will be carried and home defense till i can get to the 500. Also possible side arm while hunting.

Attachments

• kimber.jpg
    kimber.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Springfield-Range-Officer.gif
    Springfield-Range-Officer.gif
    102.2 KB · Views: 240
LES has both Kimbers and Springers... I havent looked at Kimbers much myself. Good lookin guns though!

I'm sure he will get in on this, hes been busy, but will be on as soon as hes able!

He cant stay away too long! :D

barber8605 said:
Hopefully LES will shed some insight on which he likes better and why?

Sorry I'm late fellas!

Been moving the last few days and just got my net set back up. I love my Kimber and my Springer. My $.02 barber, I'd go with the Springer for your purpose. Kimbers lock up tighter than a drum and are fantastic weapons, but they use carbon steel barrels which have a really bad tendancy to rust if you don't treat them like baby supermodels. The Springer will take any abuse you give it and you won't have to worry about how you treat it.

It's like having a fancy sports car you drive on the weekends and a work truck that takes care of you the rest of the week.

Thanks LES I was leaning towards the Springer due to the adjustable sights I like hitting where I aim and not using kentucky windage although it works when you have to use it.

I hear ya.

It's a good thing you're lookin at the Range Officer. Springers have a nasty habit of shoot'n low, so the adjustable sights will come in handy. It'll do well for ya. Keep us posted when you decide to "pull the trigger" on a purchase. :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Springers have a nasty habit of shoot'n low, ...

I can vouch for that, mine is no exception, I consider it to be a "combat" handgun, bring up the front sight into your field of vision to get on target. Once I had that figured out, it was accurate enough for me! Def not a target pistol, tolerances are loose, but its been a workhorse with little trouble beyond needin a good cleanin.

I'll tell ya, the only real problem I've had with mine was figurin out a failure to eject issue. Turned out the extractor was all kinds a gummed up with caked on residue. Pulled that, cleaned like a son a gun, and with some reasonably routine cleanin, its not ever been a problem since!

The next one for me though is gonna be that black stainless model i posted, another "Loaded" but this ones a target model with the magwell thingy and adjustable sights!

Next big delima will be what gun Allison gets as a graduation gift in another 5 years! :D

I have finally picked up my STI Perfect 10 after 8 month wait ... I have major plans for this and will post pics of the updates here...

STI Perfect 10 Stock:

My Perfect 10 STOCK!!! by rippspeed1, on Flickr

First thing I've added :

Project Straight Six begins by rippspeed1, on Flickr

whats waiting for it to be fitted by 1911SpeedShop in Riverside California:
543548_3741269928838_1188350614_n.jpg

Just swapped out the black grip with a grey grip, dawson precision magwell and added the extended mag release and oversized button:

Little Brother and Big Brother prt 1 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Little Brother and Big Brother prt 4 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Back