• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Itsricmo said:
I don't feel like the Springfield (unknown model) balanced right. Very front heavy too me.

Rick~

It wasn't because it was a Springfield.

nitesite said:
Itsricmo said:
I don't feel like the Springfield (unknown model) balanced right. Very front heavy too me.

Rick~

It wasn't because it was a Springfield.

Roger that! I was just using the brand to differentiate between the various models lol. My Apologies!

You don't need to apologize, nor is one expected.

It seemed that you've been trying to handle an array of 1911s recently, from micro thru the 3.5" ~ 4" versions, thru Commanders, to perhaps a full size 5" Gov't.

I was merely commenting that it wasn't because it was a Springfield that you felt it was "front heavy" as much as it perhaps was how a full-size Gov't Model felt.

We're good! :)

nitesite said:
You don't need to apologize, nor is one expected.

It seemed that you've been trying to handle an array of 1911s recently, from micro thru the 3.5" ~ 4" versions, thru Commanders, to perhaps a full size 5" Gov't.

I was merely commenting that it wasn't because it was a Springfield that you felt it was "front heavy" as much as it perhaps was how a full-size Gov't Model felt.

We're good! :)

I love the feel and weight of a full size govt 1911, I like em heavy!

rj, I love my Kimber Ultra CDP II.

Great little shooter for a 3" barrel and it locks up tight as a drum. Shoots every bit as straight as my full-sized 1911s...

Rossignol said:
I like em heavy!

And the truth comes out :lol: :lol: ;) ;) hahaha jk

Back on track lol ~~ At first (when I had no experience with selecting a pistol) I was totally bias to what I read, in all honesty. I had read that SMALLER WAS BETTER and was only going think that. But than I had seen a few of you guys here saying that you carry a full size and some other forums have guys carrying full size, it dawned on me... maybe not ALWAYS is smaller better. Especially in a state where I can open carry legally lol :D

But once I wised up and saw the other side of things, I began looking at A LOT of options, as you can tell lol All in all there is still room in my house for the XD Sub-com in 9mm ;D

As far as carryin goes, in the way of concealed, have you checked out the topic "Concealed Carry Tip and Tricks"?

I personally like the full size firearms only cuz I haven't found a compact that is a comfortable fit. I don't like a short grip and not be able to get all my fingers around it. A commander 1911 is fine, but I haven't had the opportunity to check out anything like an ultra carry.

I like some of Kimber's firearms (WAY outta my price range lol) because they have full size grips and short barrel! The XDsc9 has grip extension like the Glock 26 (I believe that is the model) so it was and still is an option.
I couldn't agree more with having to get all my fingers on the grip!! I hated that with the LCP and Kel-tec PF9. Both do, however, have a new addition to the magazine along the lines of an extension. Both still are a little too small for me.

I will take a walk on over too that Category and see what they have going on! Thanks for the mention of it, Rossignol!

motivatorf18594855e74d4eba729cc6e3c.jpg

Yes Sir,

...and that's the one my wife bought me for our anniversary a couple years back. I married up I tell ya, she's a class act...

The Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911 in Parkerized finish is a real handsome and reliable beast.

I owned one for years and only sold mine because a good friend and deputy "had to have it". It worked out for both of us.

And a LOT of custom gunsmiths LOVE the Springfield Armory Mil-Spec as a base gun from which to build. Great frame and slide.

Both our wives have bought guns for us, it seems. Isn't that effin' fantastic?????

I've come to appreciate it as well.

It's pretty easy to look at and is one helluva solid shooter...

Itsricmo said:
I like some of Kimber's firearms (WAY outta my price range lol) because they have full size grips and short barrel!

How do you like the Schwartz Safety System in the Kimbers compared to a traditional Series 70 Colt design, Rick?

nitesite said:
Both our wives have bought guns for us, it seems. Isn't that effin' fantastic?????

Yes it is!

We're truly blessed Sir. Just when I think she couldn't possible impress me any more, a few minutes pass and she just keeps get'n better. Even without the guns she's better than I deserve, but man I tell ya she's gonna have a hard time get'n rid of me now... :D

Ladies and Gentlemen I am back for some more Wisdom from the Elders :lol:

Referring too the Rock Island Armory website, they say they have a "High Capacity" .45 and 9mm model. Meaning that the magazine is double stack, correct? Would the 9mm, double stack, be much thicker than the .45 single stack model?

Thanks in Advance for your cooperation with my random questions :)
Rick

Back