• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

Re: Wife like's the Brown!!

Sweet Weapon.....(I would behave if I were you!).....lol......Hey post a pic or video of her rock'in that 1911....!

Well Here's her package!!........ and My Old CBOB :mrgreen:

kimsbottom-1.jpg

Re: 1911 Pictures!!

We fired that "new"ish Springer Loaded today! Its awesomeness that fits in the palms of your hands! It despeately needs to be cleaned though... We had a couple FTF issues, but after examination it was discovered to be operator error. It had happened to my daughter a few times and couldnt figure it out till I did it once, we just didnt push the mag all the way up so the action wasnt pulling the first round from the mag and into the chamber. No worries, problem solved!

My oldest daughter Allison, is 12. And just seems to have a very natural shooting ability. The way she stands sometimes looks a little awkward though, lol! Anyhow, today was the first time she ever pulled the trigger on a hand gun. She fired two mags at 10 yards and put every round on paper and one of those in the bullseye! It wasnt the only time she put a round in the bullseye, she did it at least one other time! She was picking her targets, announcing them, then pulling the trigger and hitting what she wanted to! She loved the 1911, definitely a favorite of hers! I'm tellin ya, she hits her target every time!

I have a few pics and some vid I'll get posted as soon as I'm able!!!

Sounds like a great day of shooting with the family! I bet she will never forget shooting that 1911.

Nope! She wont let me forget, shes in love! I hope it stays that way and never forgets her first love...

Here'r a couple a pics from today.

199681_1674938908398_1085205913_31454325_3017885_n.jpg

196369_1674939348409_1085205913_31454328_5618290_n.jpg

She fired about 50 rounds through the Springer today and only 10 through her .410!

Heres her first group!

198025_1674940308433_1085205913_31454334_4491968_n.jpg

Dan Wesson Valor

Well I just picked up the valor from my FFL buddy and I must say Dan Wesson has come a long way in the
last 6 years. My old CBOB was a Great gun and the fit and finish was nice, But the Valor is at a whole different level. I still can call it the poor mans Ed Brown, and I bought this for the wife to carry.........
I think I'll get her a Glock and be done with it..

So which trigger do you like best on MY VALOR!!

Solid (factory)

valor.jpg

give me a second........all most done...............

partsvalor.jpg

Or this Ed Brown Trigger

valortrigger.jpg

Re: Dan Wesson Valor

Congrats on the Valor brother. She's a beauty!

The trigger's a tough call.

I like solid triggers just fine, but personally I think they look better with a spur hammer. I think the EB trigger and your skeletonized hammer were made for each other. But that's just me...

Yup! I like the EB trigger on this one! Sweet 1911!

I like the solid but the Ed Brown does look great.

I think I have a problem.................... :shock:

Well My New SF carry showed up today!! :mrgreen:

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

I want to have your problem lol

I don't normally do this, but I'd be willing to help you out with your problem and take one of those off your hands. I'm even willing to pay shipping! :D

Well I am looking for a Nice AR....I may sell The wife's Valor to help fund my AR!!(she can carry a Glock) :lol:

Haha nice!

Will you buy a factory AR, or do you plan to build?

Back