1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

<*}}}><

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Elbert Garrett, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .30-06 Supporter

Yesterday I made a an early morning run over to beautiful Tenkiller Lake (about 70 miles) hoping for a double, (Trout below the dam and Smallmouth up on the lake), well no Trout but I did catch a bunch of little Smallmouth and Bluegill up on the lake, I used my lightest rig so it was a lot of fun! (Lew`s LLS75 on a 4`6" Shakespeare Micro Light rod strung with 6lb Trilene XL.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a feisty little Smallmouth give my Rebel Wee Craw back to me.....

[​IMG]
    Sniffler and fellmann like this.
  2. Elbert Garrett

I got out for about an hour and a half this morning, I lost one in heavy vegetation, lost another on a submerged tree limb and I failed to get a hook set on a couple of more....I did manage to catch 3 dinks and one that went 2.2lbs.
    Ultralight fun---<*}}}><

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sniffler likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

First ya got bled and then ya got wormed!

The bass are having their revenge.
    Elbert Garrett likes this.
  4. Elbert Garrett

Good Monday Morning! I took my old wallhanger out for a walk this morning and caught 4.....3 lbs, 2 lbs 5 oz, 1 lbs 15 oz and 1 lb 5 oz.
    I hope y`all have a great week ahead!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sniffler likes this.
  5. Elbert Garrett

I got out for a little while this morning with my oldest ultra light rig, a Quantum Micro reel sittin` a Shakespeare 4` 6" micro rod with Trilene 6lb test. I knocked the barb off the hook and I was hoping to get tested but only caught one about a pound and a dink....both caught on a Zoom Finesse worm in watermelon red on 0/1 Eagle Claw hook..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ripjack13 and Sniffler like this.
  6. Sniffler

Sniffler .270 WIN

I haven't been fishing since I retired. When I was working 70+ hours a week I fished all the time. :crazy:
    Often there would be ponds on the job and we would fish before work, at lunch and sometimes after work.

Something's wrong with this.
  7. Elbert Garrett

Bass love tiny frogs but then again who doesn`t :) .
    I caught several this morning with the biggest one was 2 lbs 12 oz.
    Ultralight fun-----<*}}}><

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Elbert Garrett

I got for about an hour this morning, I got my line broke once and caught 8, the biggest one 3 lbs even. Ultralight fun----<*}}}><

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Elbert Garrett

Good Friday Morning! Action was a little slow this morning but it sure beats yard work! I caught a couple of dinks and one decent one...Zoom Baits https://www.facebook.com/zoombait/
    Tight lines y`all-----<*}}}><

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Elbert Garrett

I got out for about an hour and a half this morning and caught 2 dinks and one nice one. I caught her in the same spot that I got my line broke last Friday, I don`t think she`s the one that did it though she was a good fight on my ultralight rig and she made me bleed for my efforts, I had to skinny down the bank to get her and I`m not as agile as I used to be!
    I hope y`all have a blessed week ahead!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sniffler likes this.
  11. Sniffler

Sniffler .270 WIN

Dang Elbert. You hurt yourself as much as I do.
  12. Elbert Garrett

An old dog can learn new tricks!
    For the first time in for ever I`m using a new knot (Palomar), I had an Uncle who taught me the Clinch knot as a kid and I had used that until this year. I also starting to knock the barb off my worm hooks which makes catch and release so much easier on me and the Bass.
    And now to my fish story...I was out for about an hour and a half this morning and caught two the bigger one was 2 lbs 12 oz...I had to slip down about 4 or so feet of slickery bank in order to get a thumb on that bottom jaw and then try to get back up with a Bass in one hand and rod in the other, come real close to having a Bill Dance moment! :)

"Well... uh... a true story? I couldn't swear to every detail but it's certainly true that it is a story." -Ed Tom Bell

Bass love baby frogs....

[​IMG]

2 lbs 12 oz...

[​IMG]
    Sniffler and hombre243 like this.
  13. hombre243

hombre243 .30-06 Elite Member

If ya hadn't changed shirts I would have thought that was the same fish you been snappin shots of. :cheers:Nice Bass.
  14. Elbert Garrett

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Production! :)
    I caught one before I got hung and lost a little line and my next cast was a little short.....There`s a whole lotta woulda coulda shoula but I didn`t!

103_1706 (2).JPG

103_1703 (2).JPG
    Sniffler and hombre243 like this.
  15. hombre243

hombre243 .30-06 Elite Member

Elbert, That fish's mouth HAS to be sore as heck as many times as you have caught him.

I know it's the same fish 'cause I put a mark on my monitor's screen to mark the fish and it is the same mark that's on this fish.:giggle:
  16. Elbert Garrett

I put my little Pflueger on an old 4`6' Shakespeare Micro Light rod hoping to get tested, I didn`t find the one I was looking for but I caught 8 total, 4 of `em between 2 and 3 lbs and they put a nice bend in that little rod and a smile on my face!

103_1729 (2).JPG

103_1726 (2).JPG

103_1742 (2).JPG

103_1744 (2).JPG

103_1740 (2).JPG

I`m fishing Zoom baits weightless on an Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp 0/1 hook that I have knocked the barb off...

103_1749 (2).JPG
    Sniffler likes this.
  17. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I think you guys are going to get a kick out of this. Of course, I don't plan to use it because I'd hate for a fish to break my line with it, but, check out what my wife got for me today.

DSCF0522.JPG