• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1st tactical shotgun build

Nice ZMB conversion. Love the rail system. Here are some pics of my 500 build. It started as a nickle j.i.c. It has a surplus military stock and triple rail with a fore grip. A heat shield with a 44 mm red/green dot sight. Of course you have to have the rail guards to save me some cut fingers. Btw all the additions help. With the pistol grip alone, it took me 10 minutes to hit the broad side of a barn. Now i can shoot clays with it.2014-05-16 23.44.53.jpg 2014-05-16 23.44.19.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so I finally shot Tha Beast this past weekend. Loved it. That ATI stock with the recoil reducing system is the stuff. I fired a box of 3 inch mag buckshot, 3 boxes of Federal's 1oz Foster slugs, 10 PDX Winchester slug/buckshot, 4 boxes of 2 3/4 buckshot, and a box and a half of AA's. All with minimum bruising. Sure, I'm a little stiff and my shoulder is marked up a little bit, but it usually looks like this after 4-5 shots. And I'm a pretty big ol boy, too.

The GGG stainless steel follower is one of my favorite upgrades on this ride. Loading was stupid fast and smooth.

I got the UTG red dot dialed in. I tried to get the BUIS dialed in, but the recoil kept folding my front sight down. Not happy about that and I'm not sure on how to fix it.

But overall, it's a sweet shooter that handles as awesome as it looks!

Sounds like you and Tha Beast had a good day out.
Glad to hear it's all good for you.

Ok, so I finally shot Tha Beast this past weekend. Loved it. That ATI stock with the recoil reducing system is the stuff. I fired a box of 3 inch mag buckshot, 3 boxes of Federal's 1oz Foster slugs, 10 PDX Winchester slug/buckshot, 4 boxes of 2 3/4 buckshot, and a box and a half of AA's. All with minimum bruising. Sure, I'm a little stiff and my shoulder is marked up a little bit, but it usually looks like this after 4-5 shots. And I'm a pretty big ol boy, too.

The GGG stainless steel follower is one of my favorite upgrades on this ride. Loading was stupid fast and smooth.

I got the UTG red dot dialed in. I tried to get the BUIS dialed in, but the recoil kept folding my front sight down. Not happy about that and I'm not sure on how to fix it.

But overall, it's a sweet shooter that handles as awesome as it looks!

Better man than I am…. I couldn't wait to shoot a new firearm. Let alone as long as you did. I'd be calling in personal days after 4 days.

I've never had one that made it home from the shop without getting shot, never and don't comprehend anything else lol

I wanted to go and shoot it earlier, trust me. Could never find time between sons football games (we live in Texas so football is year round), honey-do's, and I'm a full-time student and work full time at Lockheed Martin.

I'll graduate in a few months so that will free up a lot of time.

Back