• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2 single shot's I got today

Thanks John..it came with the gun so no idea where it came from? I'm gonna try to fix it for giggles while looking for another stock. Trouble is the company hasn't been around since the 30's-40's what would fit it? It's currently on a Crescent fire arms co 16 guage guess I start with that info?

I saw that one I might just bid on it see where it goes. Thanks John!

Added it to my watch list

Last edited:
Smart move.

I don't ever bid on anything until mere minutes before an auction is over just because some sellers will have someone try to run the bid up if you bid too early in the auction.

I just got a "Newport Model WN" 16 Gauge single shot shotgun a couple months ago for cheap. From what I have read online, the Newport is a "hardware store brand" made for a Chicago wholesaler. They were made by Crescent and basically a Victor with another name? The one I got is in good shape considering it was made before the War. I'm starting to like the 16 gauge, right before Christmas I bought a Remington "Sportsman" 16 gauge auto-loading shotgun LOL.

One thing I need to have a gunsmith check about my Newport/Crescent 16 gauge single shot is the chamber length. I've heard that a lot of the earlier 16 gauge shotguns were chambered for 2 1/2" shells, and not the current 2 3/4" shells of today? I fired it a couple times last week and it pierced the primers...so this will be going to see a gunsmith sooner of later before it gets shot again. But it was fun to shoot and I'm looking forward to shooting my Remington Sportsman as well!!!
Mark

Crescent had their mark on several brands good luck with your 16 ga. I'm still looking for the proper stock for my victor ejector I think its currently wearing a h&r or stevens stock and the fit isnt quite right.

Back