• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2 to 1 sling conversions

95jza80tt

.270 WIN
I wasn't sure what kind of sling setup I wanted or how I wanted it set up so I'm trying to just air on the side of versatility at this point. I ended up getting a VTAC2 sling before I really knew what I wanted. It's a great sling but in hindsight I should have got something that would easily convert from a 2-1pnt. Because I'm Chinese and to stubborn to just buy another sling I sought out to buy various clips and what not to convert my sling into something more versatile in regards to being able to go back and forth from 2-1pnt. Trying to decide what kind of hardware to utilize was kinda like being peck'd to death by a duck. It was annoying because there are so many choices. Magpul made some cool converters/adapters but I had a hard time finding one that I liked that matched the color of my sling.. Sorry I can be a little OCD like that some times.
GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx
GetImage.ashx

I had originally already purchased 2 QD swivels to use but decided to add to the setup some what to achieve what I wanted. Here was the other decision I had. I wanted a clip style attachment to make this work so I had to choose between a HK style clips and the Magpul Paraclips. I ended up getting the Paraclip and a few black anodized metal D rings to make my own setup. (I will include some pics of that, my current setup tonight)

HK style clip
opplanet-outdoor-connection-h-k-type-hook-kit-fits-one-inch-webbing-hk-28205.jpg

Magpul Paraclip
GetImage.ashx

Generic 1.5" D rings like these.
MDRBLK-2T.jpg

The setup I have works pretty darn well in converting to a 1pnt but it still left much to be desired to me. I found some other 2-1 QD swivel adapters. When looking I came across these and opted to go with the TacticalLink adapter and it's on the way to me now. I will update this thread with my impressions and setup again once it comes in.

IWC 2-1 triglide adapter
0006141_2-to-1-point-triglide-convertible-qd-sling-adaptor-100.png

here is the TacticalLink one
1-GS.jpg

Here is the previous setup with the Paraclips and D-ring

Here are images of how the D ring is placed, using the triglides to hold it and the sling loops together.

Here it is interjoined to convert from 2pnt to 1pnt.

When the quick adjustment strap is pulled snug it holds the shotgun nice and tight to my body while still leaving enough slack to shoulder it and get a nice cheek weld when needed. The single pnt is then attached to the receiver mount rear sling loop on my Magpul SGA setup.

Last edited:
Sorry for the grainy pictures guys, cell phone pics at night after I get off work is to blame. I am changing my front flashlight mount from the Elzetta to a CDMgear MTC for now and it has a QD swivel point on it just like the Elzetta had(after I bought their QD kit), so the front Paraclip will eventually be replaced with a QD and then I will try out the TacticalLink 2-1 triglide adpater.

nice work, I have one of the magpul ready made 2/1 .....I like it on an AR pistol, not to fond of a single point on longer guns

nice work, I have one of the magpul ready made 2/1 .....I like it on an AR pistol, not to fond of a single point on longer guns
Playing around with the setup last night for a few minutes and realized why most ppl say a single point is better for a more compact smg or AR pistol. I could stabilize the shotgun better with the 2pnt while attempting to fire.

it is nice as long as you don't have to run or anything that causes the long gun to flop around.......great on any gun that you aren't needing to seriously sling, just more for retention or it incase you drop it or someone else wants it......great for just dropping your long gun to transition to your handgun

Like your thoughtful decision to start with 2-point and go to single-point if necessary. It is much easier to quickly don a two-point and get into action vs. getting a single-point going. A two-point falls naturally away from your sidearm if you let go of your rifle. But there are times when I like a single point. So I go with a Magpul MS3 Single QD Sling GEN 2.

Good thread Chinaman!!!!!!!

it is nice as long as you don't have to run or anything that causes the long gun to flop around.......great on any gun that you aren't needing to seriously sling, just more for retention or it incase you drop it or someone else wants it......great for just dropping your long gun to transition to your handgun
This was my primary concern. It was the idea that if I for some reason become incapacitated. I want to make it as difficult as I can for a perpetrator to take the shotgun from me, rendering it pretty useless to them without the added effort to pull it off of me and secondly making it easy to transition to a sidearm if necessary. I completely see the merit in using a 2pnt and snugging it up so I can use the sling to stabilize the gun nicely when at a ready fire position.

I received the tactical link piece a few days ago but haven't had the chance to take any images of it. My impressions so far is that it is of nice quality but its mostly plastic. The triglide body is constructed completely of plastic with a polished steel QD cup. It's wider then my sling so it leaves more room then I am happy with for it to slide around. I am thinking I would have been better off with the IWC version. Viking tactical sells the IWC version as well with the Vtac brand on it. pictures to come.

you'll probably be fine all day with it , but I know what your saying ......its the little things

After playing around a bit with the setup I found a decent layout for it.

It's a bit more secure this way, and I can say I like it a lot better mounted upside down on my sling.

Nice setup!
I hunt with a single point sling.
Works great on walks for pheasants.
Really helps getting my gun and supplies to the duck blind also.

Back