• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2 Way Radios

I have been wanting a pair for hiking in the woods, and other outdoor activities I do with the GF for a while now. Anyone have any experience with these to recomend a good pair with decent range?

She tends to go climbing up the mountain behind the house and we have crappy cell phone reception in our area and I have always thought a good pair of 2-ways would be a great thing to have.

Re: 2 Way Raidos

I don't mind spending a few extra $ for better than "pretty good" if I also get peice of mind.

How do you feel about the Motorolas?

To me all the 2 way radios have their limits but the motorolas that I have work great for hunting (especially when using the head sets). I have seen people use the Midlands and really like them.

A lot of good ones out. The radios we use at work are $1000 Bendex/King but no matter, you always have to consider where you will be using it as line if sight is the key for any radio no matter how many miles the company claims. Unless you have Mt. top repeaters and the public doesn’t. Flat ground ok but mountains good luck getting over a couple miles. Sometimes crews buy their own handhelds so they can chatter all they want on a fire without clogging the fire with too much primary radio traffic....Most of them prefer the Motorola’s in the couple hundred dollar range.

The Garmin Rhino radio/gps combo is becoming real popular as well

I have used the less expensive Motorola Talk About series. We beat the crap out of them on our job sites, never any issues. One site particularly was rather trying. It was a ten story condo building with a concrete and steel structure. Our site management office was on the 4th floor and we were able to get clear signal throughout the building and on the roof top.

I need to get another set.

Yea...part of my bug-out kit...

Motorola TalkAbout 250

MOTOROLATALKABOUT-1-1.jpg

Garmin eTrex Venture GPS ( shown w/ Pelican waterproof case )

BUGOUTKIT-1.jpg

Surefire C2 Centurion Flashlight

C2CENTURION-1-1-1.jpg

Back