1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

2002 Honda s2000 STR autox and road race build...

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by DHonovich, Sep 19, 2012.

1. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

Picking her up at the dealership. One owner and only 31,000 miles.
    [​IMG]

All bone stock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A little maintenance performed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Circuit Hero shift lever extension.
    [​IMG]

SuperBrightLEDs setup.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Debadged s2000.
    [​IMG]

AutoVation pedal setup.
    [​IMG]

Atomic orange OEM spoilers, TRM C3 wheels, Hankook R-S3 tires and 949 Racing lug nuts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SPC ball joints.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Very nice. Probably a bit faster than my CR-V. LOL
  3. DHonovich

Thanks, its what been keeping me away from the boards. I need to instal my new brake pads, rotors and stainless lines. I am waiting on my roll bar to arrive and sway bar setup. I still need to order coilovers, full exhaust, engine management, intake and another set of rims and tires for wet conditions.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Nice...Dan...I would have thought you would go with yellow rims to keep the Mossberg colors flyin down the road...lol
  5. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Really fun cars to drive near the limit. Sounds like you know whet you are getting into. Lots of revs and row the gears - big smiles and popping eyes in your future - maybe some white knuckles too!! =^)
  6. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri 20g "Philanthropist"

So, you'll be running in the Mod class in autocross? I tried to run the Mod class with my Miata for a couple years and just couldn't keep up with the Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs - at least not the top guys. I was usually in third to sixth place in a field of twenty-ish.
  7. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Have fun with it! While my auto interests are elsewhere I like all things automotive, especially when driving them hard is involved.
  8. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Street Mod2?? I started in GS ,landed in SM with a car I built for the Grassroots Motorsports Challange in 2002 - a 1991 AWD turbo DSM Talon. Took out the rear seats and narrowed the field in SM2. Ran a Neon ACR in STS and Club Trials - track days. Had a wheel and tore sponsor for a while but my outgoing cash flow just kept rising the more I advanced. An accident on the street (GD uninsured city morons) bought me out and the thought of building one of the cars that I really wanted plus the loss of sponsors sat me down for a while to think. What I learned along the way still gets me some smiles when the boy racers want to mess with the 'old dude' in the apparently stock 3G Mitsu Eclipse Gt with the gummy tires - downhill on ramp = bye-bye!! Hehe.
  9. DHonovich

I am going to race the STR class to start but maybe I will run SSM down the road. I picked the s2000 as its a very reliable car and extremely competitive class. I used to run a evo8 in SM which was a blast but very expensive to stay in the front of the pack.
  10. .40-.45

.40-.45 .270 WIN

nice how about a full shot with the mods
    18 years in a Honda dealership put the s2 on my short list
  11. DHonovich

Full shots will be posted when I add a few more things.
  12. DHonovich

Sent from my iPhone

Attached Files:

13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Lookin good Dan...