• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2014 Barnett Raptor

Saw a bunch of people having problems with these breaking strings but may have been older model I'll see if I can find the write up on CBN

Ive been watching the threads on CBN regarding the strings. Still relatively few issues given the number sold.

I don't know much about it I just happens to see it same time you posted thought I'd at least try to give you a heads up should have known you had it covered

Thanks, good to know people are looking out!

While I've not had any issues with mine so far, this has started to raise my interest because Barnett has changed the string/cable specs.

Just an update, based on what I found on the other forum, apparently Barnett is replacing the broken strings with sa new string/cable setup that had a 1" longer string than the one sent with the bow. I can't seem to get a straight answer on how much the cables have changed. Apparently this is to allow the cam to rotate more thus applying more stress overt he can and less directly on the ends of the string (my assumption based on info found).

I'm trying to get the cable spec info from Barnett or guys on the other forum who have received replacement strings but it may take a while. I know people that can make strings or I can order an aftermarket one if I know the corrected lengths for the cables.

Maybe I should switch to my Excalibur til i can get a resolution

I was quick to write this off initially but if they have changed the string specs, it indicates to me that there is an inherent design flaw and not just a couple bad strings, bows or guys shooting underweight arrows.

One of the guys on the other forum sent me the string specs. The new strings are 1" longer 33" instead of 32" and the cables are 1" shorter 16.75" instead of 17.75" based on his measurements.

Still waiting on a response from my inquiry to Barnett.

Followup on the string issue. I never got a response from Barnett but a rep posted on another forum that the reason the new strings are longer is to make the bow a little wider to accommodate laws in NY. At this point who knows.

I got new strings and cables for mine and will be replacing them this weekend as a precaution. I hunted with it on Wed night, and I'm taking it when I head up to deer camp. As much as I have shot it I have to think if it was going to blow it would have by now.

I ordered the string and cables from different vendors. The cables I received were the same length as the ones I have on it, the string I received is the updated one that is 1" longer. They just list the bow it will fir, not the actual length so getting the correct ones for my bow is frustrating.

I replaced the cables but kept the same string. Only issue I had was the cam timing was a bit off. I was able to correct it by twisting one if the cables a half rotation (via trial and error). That brought it back into sync.

Next set will be custom matched set. That way I know they will work together regardless.

Back