• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3 dot sight

Fisherman

Copper BB
I have some questions regarding the 3 dot sight on the 590A1 as if I go that route, it will likely be sight unseen, as there are not very many of them around. (This is not a what is best question.)

Is the 3 dot set up adjustable and or are they pretty well on straight, with good poa from the factory?

Is the rear sight low profile enough that you can look straight down the barrel with a good focus on the front sight, and just ignore the rear for the most part and just use it as an additional sighting aid for those little longer range slug shots.

I appreciate the help.

Fisherman said:
I have some questions regarding the 3 dot sight on the 590A1 as if I go that route, it will likely be sight unseen, as there are not very many of them around. (This is not a what is best question.)

Is the 3 dot set up adjustable and or are they pretty well on straight, with good poa from the factory?

Is the rear sight low profile enough that you can look straight down the barrel with a good focus on the front sight, and just ignore the rear for the most part and just use it as an additional sighting aid for those little longer range slug shots.

I appreciate the help.

I will need to double check on mine, But if I remember correctly the front site is adjustable for windage, But I don't think the rear sight is adjustable, I have yet to try.
The rear sight is fairly low profile, Less than 1/2" tall.
I hope that helps.

do you guys have a pic of this ?.....I keep thinking GR rear with 2 dots and the front blade with one dot, is this what you have?

I don't have a picture. You can check the mossberg website.

Anyhow, it is basically a 3 dot sight, more or less similiar to a rifle sight to some degree.
(Not a GR.)

I appreciate the information vitsports6.

Yeah, its like rifle sights. It should be elevation adjustable rear, and windage adjustable at the front blade. But the blade has to be tapped left or right, I've been told something like a brass punch should be used...

Back