• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

300 blackout lovers

precisely

I have built a couple with friends and they are cool in short barrel. If I'm going 30 cal, using 30 cal components I damn sure going at least .308 Win

Honestly if it isn't going in a 10" or less barrel I don't see enough over a 556 for my taste

Buddy has a quiet one , it is sweet but when I ask him why not just do a 45acp upper and suppress that .......he doesn't have a good answer

While despite 45acp being inherently subsonic, it doesn't suppress worth a hoot unless you run a wet can.

I don't know if it's the large bore hole that lets so much gas in the atmosphere without restriction or what, but 45 doesn't suppress well despite being subsonic.

I just wanted to point out in the interview where they said they were going to offer swaged and coated pistol bullets that expand at subsonic speed for a lot cheaper than what has currently been available and that's something we've discussed before (though not necessarily about the 300).

That will probably be a game changer for subsonic blackout performance having a bullet that's going to expand well coming out of it. That may even be enough to push me over the edge and I absolutely can't stand robert silvers.

I have shot a suppressed 45 in a pistol and was surprised that it wasn't a quiet as I thought it was supposed to be but i thought it was just that particular set up

seems like by the time you slow down the blackout your basically shooting a heavy 45 acp that's quietish

wonder if these would feed ?

Am I an the exception? I built mine with no intention of using subsonic rounds. I meerly wanted a gun that I could build using minimal non standard AR parts that provided a little more weight for hunting etc.

The more guns i have that can use the same mags, brass, etc the better as long as prices and supply are goung to keep fluctuating.

Ive actally been bummed that whenever I see ammo on sale its subsonic. I plan to reload for it but will buy reloadable rounds if i can find a good deal.

The more guns i have that can use the same mags, brass, etc the better as long as prices and supply are goung to keep fluctuating.

Nothing wrong with that at all. The supersonic blackouts are in the neighborhood of 30/30 and 7.62x39, which we both know is more than capable of brush hunting med. game.

Am I an the exception? I built mine with no intention of using subsonic rounds. I meerly wanted a gun that I could build using minimal non standard AR parts that provided a little more weight for hunting etc.
that sounds good to me and makes since, every one I know who has one loves it but they hardly shoot them because of the ammo.

I looked real real hard because I do like it in a 9" barrel. But I have a hell of a time finding components that are ideal, and anything that works from 308 world is 308 price.

Pulled bullets are close but still not even close to 556 price and not ideal weight for either super or sub.

FMJ bulk are really only available in 150gr......and double that of .224 fmj.

I went back and fourth with it for about a year, no serious interest in suppression, but like your recognize they ability as a brush gun.

After all that and magnum pistol powder being next to impossible to come up with for three years, I have scrapped any notion of it because it doesn't make any since for me.......I will build a 308 in pistol form or a 16", already have that die anyway and a ton of 30-06 powder that works great in 308

Honestly if I hadn't found the barrel so cheap I never would have considered one. Worse case I swap one part and I'm back to a STD AR.

It was primarily the interchangeability of parts that makes it appealing, I'm really not out anything but the barrel and and whatever brass I cut down which will most likely only be a couple hundred if that.

I also researched it and was aware of the ballistics before I put it together. I don't expect it to perform any better than what it is.

Back