• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.380's in an Un-matched Pair

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I never thought I would say this but I actually bought a new Kahr .380 and I think it will be an OK gun.

I bought a very lightly used M&P .380 as well. I wont take posession of either for 10 days, so no pics yet.

These tiny pistols are generally unavailable in Calif. as they are no longer legal to import/export here & I'm perhaps lucky to get them at all, really.

Anyhow, more when I have shot them.

My buddy Dave had a lot of problems with the doj this year but he finally delivered my new pistols.

The Kahr is for my wife Judy. I tried to get her to buy the M&P, but the Kahr was too pretty and she bought that one. I bought the M&P anyway just because I thought she would eventually like it better. I do.

On the first trip out to the range we ran about five or six mags thru each gun. Frankly, neither one of us could hit the broad side of a barn with these little guys until I brought the target in to about 4 yards. Then I put in five out of six in the Killzone.

I figure if you have to shoot someone with these, and you have a lot of time to aim, you could probably shoot from across the room. Otherwise this type is best used at arms reach or less.

I finally took apart the Smith & Wesson cw380 and the Kahr bg380 for cleaning.
20170510_112458.png
The construction of these guns is almost identical to the XDS 9 Springfield.

Anyhow I did a little work on the throat of the BG 380 and also cleaned up the mag well inside the handle.

It feeds better now and the mags go in and out nicely.

But I can see why the Kahr has a bad reputation, this is a very nice well-made gun but the plastic work is not quite as nice as a Glock or a Smith or the XDs, on the inside where you can't see it.

Also the barrel was throated a little short & crooked. Once I cleaned up the throat it fed those flat nose bullets a lot better.

I think Judy will like this gun okay once it gets broken in & the springs soften up a little bit.

Last edited:
Back