• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

395KB Help

Mossberg_395

Copper BB
So I inherited a Mossberg 395KB from my Dad, a bolt action shotgun. He hasn't used it in over 20 years and we can't figure out how to remove the magazine.

There is what appears to be a button at the back of the mag with lines for grip, so we're assuming you push down. We've tried up, down, slightly back. There are no side buttons...

Not sure if it's just stuck and don't want to damage anything. I may just be overlooking something simple, first firearm really.

Just realizing a picture would've been useful, I'll try to get one up soon.

On my old Western Field 20 gauge, which seems to be the same gun, you just pulled part 32 back toward the trigger guard.

So the disassembly instructions did come in handy. I removed the stock and was able to see the problem right away. Part of #32 is springs back slightly to keep the mag in place, kind of like a lip i guess. When pushing on the button, the spring wasn't fully clearing the piece of the mag that keeps in in place. Pushing up slightly on the mag while pushing the button works to release it.

Thanks!

Even a blind pig like me finds an acorn every now and then.

I'm glad it worked out!

Back