• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

464 in 6.8 SPC?

beauman

Copper BB
Hi, Guys-

My list of 'want it' guns includes the M.M.R. in 6.8 (if/when they become available) but wouldn't
it be cool if Mossie would bring us a 464 version, too? It would be totally unique in the marketplace,
as far as lever-actions go. Then you could have two rifles in the same caliber, as working 'companions'! I don't know if they accept any calls from owners or potential owners, but their catalog seems pretty customer-friendly, so I may just test that out. I noted their CEO included a personal note in it, so maybe he talks to us, as well. I'm just one phone call from finding out. :mrgreen:

Good weekend to all-

I don't know anything about a 464, but I do know a about the .460 Rowland and 6.8 SPC II.

Even built a 6.8 AR that I'm looking forward to deer hunting with this fall.

Mossberg certainly keeps up with the site but I also do all I can to relay members input to them. One of my biggest goals with this site is to tailor Mossberg's future production models to better fit our needs.

Dhonovich, if you're passing things along, here's where the 6.8 barrel specs are important. For more details, there is a wealth of info at 68forum.

Either 6.8 SPC II (SPC improved) chamber or the further improved 6.8x43 chamber.

1:11 twist barrel

16 inch barrel with carbine length gas system
or
18 inch barrel with midlength gas system

light or fluted barrel to save weight

5/8-24 muzzle thread

464 is the new lever action 30-30, John. Yeah, would like to hear your reports about the 6.8 SPC, on deer. :)

I really hope to be able to give you a first hand report.

But I think that's why it's called hunting. There are no gaurantee's :lol:

So far, I have been very impressed with it though.

I have killed two hogs with 6.8 spc using 110 grain accubonds over a 1/2 grain under max. charge of IMR-3031. My hunting buddy used the same load to kill a spike and a 10-pointer this year. 6.8 is a good hunting round. We are going to switch to Barnes 110 triple shocks next season.

Back