• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

4x32 scope enough for .22

rdm76mav88

20g
"Philanthropist"
Bought a good used center point 4x32 scope for my marlin 60 but is it the right scope to use? My first scope purchase so I thought I got to start some where! Should have I went with a 4-16x40 instead?

Hello.

My favorite .22 plinking scope is a fixed 4-power or a 1.5-4.5x32 Dusk to Dawn. Only when I am shooting a truly accurate target gun at 50-yards from a bench do I want something bigger so I can shoot 1/4" groups on paper.

I mean it, a fixed 4-power is a great rimfire scope for most of what I would do with a Marlin 60.

I agree, it depends on what you want to do with it.

On my 10/22 Takedown, I have a Redfield Battlezone Tac.22 which is a 2-7x34mm scope. I like to zoom in on my prey with that.

On my AR-15, I have a 4x32 ACOG (TA01). I've hit the target out to 500 yards with it.

Thanks guys! Got it mounted with the rings it came with just waiting for my see through scope rings to show up! Pretty impressed with the inexpensive scope so far!

Last edited:
You and your Marlin Model 60 and your 4X scope are going to be just fine....

Back