• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 SPX Trigger Adjustment

ghittmeyer

Copper BB
Hi -

I had an insert in my 500SPX 12g (51523) box with my manual on the Lightning Pump Action (LPA) Trigger System Adjustments. Apparently my gun may be equipped with this feature, all though I forgot to check when I had the Trigger Housing Assembly removed to attach a Mesa Tactical Stock...

But, if it does have this feature, I can adjust my trigger pull from the factory setting (LESS THEN 3 LBS.) to approximately 6 LBS.

What I would like to know is, is there any preferred setting for trigger pull on a shotgun used strictly for home defense?

Thanks,
Gary

Ghittmeyer, I also have the 500 SPX and yes it does include the LPA trigger. Myself, I prefer the lighter trigger setting that came as default. I think it is there so you can set it to what feels the best for you for the best accuracy. Mainly in shooting slugs

Also, some police departments require guns to have a heavier trigger to cut down on accidental discharges. IE, the New York trigger that Glocks come with, of I believe 11lbs. Glock did that to make it similar to what a revolver trigger feels like.

Now, I could be way off on this, but I think it comes down to personal choice.

-don

Thanks for the info, Don; I will probably just leave it set to the default for now.
I have a couple tactical shotgun courses coming up in the near future... it wouldn't hurt to bring the subject up during the class as well I guess.

Gary

Back