1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

535 camo wood stock

Discussion in 'Mossberg 535 ATS Pump Action' started by Cody_27, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Cody_27

Cody_27 Copper BB

I recently bought a used 535 with the mossy oak breakup wood stock and black cheek riser. The stock is in rough shape and I would like to replace it with the same thing. Any thoughts on how to go about getting one? Thanks, Cody.
    Scoop likes this.
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Howdy....are you looking to buy new/used or can you do basic woodwork? Because you can refinish it if you want....
    Scoop likes this.
  3. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Oh no...I'm not offering to do it. I'm offering to walk em through it....
  5. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

Whoops! Glad you clarified that.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. ripjack13

Yep...it's easy to refinish.
  7. ripjack13

8. Cody_27

Cody_27 Copper BB

I have tried cutting a stock before. Didn't work out to well, I put tape around it and everything it still cracked. I was thinking maybe I could buy just the regular wood stock with the cheek riser and have it hydro dipped.
  9. ripjack13

Did you look at the link i posted? they have the camo wood ones...$45....
  10. ripjack13

you didn't mention cutting before...do you need to cut the lop?
  11. Cody_27

Cody_27 Copper BB

Yeah I have. they have mossy oak break up just like mine with out the cheek riser thing. I thought about just ordering that one.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  12. Cody_27

Cody_27 Copper BB

No was thinking of cutting the cheek riser out. It is cut down into the stock and then screwed in
  13. ripjack13

pix?
  14. Cody_27

Cody_27 Copper BB

I will upload some
    pics when I get home tonight.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  15. ripjack13

right on...