• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

535 pattern

Theshark

Copper BB
I'll be shooting in my 535 this weekend. Does the 535 pattern well out the box? Has anyone used different choke's? Whats a recommend scope for the gun?

Thanks

That's a hard question to answer. You can take 3 identical guns to the range and they may all pattern differently due to small variances ion the barrel, choke, etc.

As for scopes that's kind of personal preference. My first few turkeys were taken with open sights, the last one with a red dot. My gun now wears a 4x scope as it double duties as a deer gun (the scope is receiver mounted). I found the red dot easiest to use myself.

That's a hard question to answer. You can take 3 identical guns to the range and they may all pattern differently due to small variances ion the barrel, choke, etc.

As for scopes that's kind of personal preference. My first few turkeys were taken with open sights, the last one with a red dot. My gun now wears a 4x scope as it double duties as a deer gun (the scope is receiver mounted). I found the red dot easiest to use myself.

I was unaware red dots could be used out side in the day. I'll have to look into one.

Thank you.

I was unaware red dots could be used out side in the day. I'll have to look into one.

Thank you.

Some better than others and some get brighter than others. I tend to hunt from pop-up blinds so I'm in the shadows. Your situation may be different.

Back