• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

55-round Blackhawk Bandolier

Just got this today.

DSC02918.JPG

DSC02919.JPG

DSC02920.JPG

DSC02922.JPG

I threw in the Federal Target load for a patriotic feel, but when I stock back up on rounds, I'll order it appropriately in the bandolier, slugs on bottom, buck in middle, etc, or however.

When I first got it, I noticed the bandolier loops were extremely stiff and hard to load the shells. However, I attribute some of this to the fact that the UPS guy left the package on my door for hours and we currently got six inches of snow on the ground here. Once I warmed up it up a bit, the rounds still were somewhat hard to get into the sleeves, but they did go a bit easier. It is important to note, I got the shells in, and they are very secure in the sleeves. Also, I feel that it is more important to have the shells held securely than how fast it takes to load the damn thing. After all, isn't it about the speed of how you can remove the shells and load them into your gun than how fast you can load up the bandolier?

The shells are quick to draw from the loops and load into your shotgun. I chose to mount my shells with the crimp facing down, after practicing loading the shells either facing crimp-down or crimp-up.

I should note, after weighing it fully loaded, it weighs 6.5lbs with #8 shot.

My only complaints so far are:

1) It is made in Vietnam. I honestly expect 99% of my firearm items to come from America, where almost all companies proudly manufacture goods. It was however, not a breaking point for me.

2) When you bend over the bandolier slips to your neck. I am proposing installing a retention system in the bottom point (see the 2nd picture), where I can clip the bottom to my pants belt loop for stability.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase and welcome it to my growing bug-out bag.

Finally, I just want to note, I ordered it from MidwayUSA and their customer service and spped of delivery was superb and their 1048 page catalog that came with the order is freaking awesome!

If you have any add'l questions, I'd be happy to upload more pics or answer them for you.

Its good the loops are so stiff, I had a similar one years ago. After a couple years sitting around with shells in it the loops got real loose…..kind of like old socks do. Cool way to carry a bunch of shells

Looks sweet man! Appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and impressions, nice work!

I too really try to buy American. Its hard to do man! I scan sites and look for that "Made in the USA" logo!

I have ordered stuff from Midway on a few occassions, and I agree, they do ship promptly and I've no issues with them!

Thanks Rossignol!

I'm happy to be a part of the M.O. community and am happy to share.

PS- Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please do not hesitate to move appropriately.

I'd just like to add, after trying this out on the range today, I actually have found that loading the shells with the crimp up in fact DID work better for me. I have also arranged my loads accordingly on the bandolier with slugs at the bottom, then buck, then assorted target/bird loads.

Cool, now get 5 of your buddies and let them shoot at you with paintball guns and see if you can keep it straight :p .....I could see how it would be nice to have

oli700 said:
Cool, now get 5 of your buddies and let them shoot at you with paintball guns and see if you can keep it straight :p .....I could see how it would be nice to have

I honestly really only bought it as a novelty/fun item.

Back