• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 questions

Paul LaFranco

Copper BB
Hi All,
I bought a new Mossberg 590 way back in either 1997 or 1998, it’s a really cool shotgun. It has the heat shield, bayonet lug, speed feed, and holds 8+1. Only prob is I’ve never really been interested in shotguns, so this gun has less than 50 rnds through her, but that’s gonna change. She’s like new, but I thought I might gussy it up a bit, Big R has the ATI TAC Lite collapsible stock, and the matching for end, which I think would be really cool, besides the LOP is just a little to long for comfort, but I’ve heard with those stocks it’s hard to manipulate the action lock lever, is this true? And as far as the ATI for end with the built in rails, are they compatible with the factory heat shield ? And how big a job is it to get the for end off the gun? I just put a rail on her, and have a reflex sight I plan to put on her, and I just got a whole bunch of different shot shells to practice with on the steel plates at the end of my property. I’m not new to the shooting sports as I’m well versed with long range tactical bolt guns, the AR15, 1911, and my very true love, cowboy guns, and I reload for them all but in this day and age the more guns your familiar with the better. So any advice, tips and tricks that will help a new shotgunner like me will be greatly appreciated
Thanks Much,
Paul

Pistol grip stocks do make manipulating the bolt lock more difficult. Not impossible, but hard enough that I think they're impractical.

It is why I ultimately went back to the factory stock.

I don't have any hands on with the Mossberg sga stock, but they do have more of an angle than the ATI stock and may be better.

They also have interchangeable LOP pads so you can adjust it better.

Back