• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 shockwave Problem

Parkerdanny16

Copper BB
I just purchased a new 590 shockwave. About four out of five rounds are sticking in the receiver right before reaching the chamber. I have to work the forend back and forward repeatedly to unstick it. It does not matter how hard the action is cycled it still happens. Any ideas what's causing it? Thanks​

I just purchased a new 590 shockwave. About four out of five rounds are sticking in the receiver right before reaching the chamber. I have to work the forend back and forward repeatedly to unstick it. It does not matter how hard the action is cycled it still happens. Any ideas what's causing it? Thanks​

Did you clean the 590's chamber and action before trying to cycle rounds through it?

Welcome, sorry to hear your having a problem with your new Mossy.

Just for $hits and giggles I would try some different brand ammo just to see........?????

I tried some cheap Winchester bird shot and it only happend once out of 10 rounds and the one time was easier to clear. The winchesters are also a little smaller diameter than the other rounds so it seems like the rounds are being squeezed some how but I can't see any difference in extractors or elevator with my other mossbergs

I would try polishing up the chamber and the spot where it seems to be sticking.

I found out it is something with the elevator I put the one from my 500 in it and it works fine mossberg sent me another elevator and it had the same problem so I put the new one in my old 500 and the old elevator in the new 590 and the both work only thing I don't like is everything on the shockwave is parkerized and now my elevator is polished

I found out it is something with the elevator I put the one from my 500 in it and it works fine mossberg sent me another elevator and it had the same problem so I put the new one in my old 500 and the old elevator in the new 590 and the both work only thing I don't like is everything on the shockwave is parkerized and now my elevator is polished

I've played that shell game between different guns, too. Cartridge stop was giving me double feeds into the receiver on one of my 500s. Traded with a different 500 and both ran fine in their new homes. Don't know if you have access to more 590s, but if you do, don't give up hope. Chances are you'll find a parked elevator that runs great from a different 590.

Same problem. Cleaned mag tube and replaced follower with a stainless from L A PD. Problem gone after running a few mags on firing range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back