• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 "shockwave"

BillJ

Copper BB
Not your typical shockwave.
590A1 marked receiver.
Has the typical A1 heavy barrel, metallic trigger group and safety.

26378143019_40192307b2_b.jpg

24302480538_4d31c2052f_b.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes. And crap thought I typed it all out before I submitted the thread. Must have switched between screens when doing the pictures and forgot to finish. Sorry.

Anyhow...
It was an old 590A1 AOW without stock (made in 2011) deregistered it and made it into a firearm with the ATF.
Friend had a few leftovers kicking around from a project a few years ago. Finally found a use for them.
Here are some pictures of the box.

Anyone have a chance to weigh their normal shockwave? This one clocks in at 5.4 pounds. Mossberg publishes the weight on a normal one at 5.25. Was wondering if that was accurate or not.

38108591416_a36bf37e41_b.jpg

38164193201_f5f6fab36b_b.jpg

The weight of your 590A1 Shockwave and what Mossberg publishes for the 590 Shockwave seems about right. The only difference would be the metal trigger group and metal safety.

Best regards.

It is a sure'nuff one of a kind. Are you planning on any mods?
Be sure to post your picture in the Shockwave Pictures thread with any info you want to go with it.

It is a sure'nuff one of a kind. Are you planning on any mods?
Be sure to post your picture in the Shockwave Pictures thread with any info you want to go with it.

Not entirely sure how I am going to use the gun. Depends on if it is going to be the house gun or just a toy.
If house gun, side saddle and one of those GG&G light mounts will probably cover it.

From what I have read, all Shockwaves are built on the A1 platform for some reason with the heavier metal, and metal trigger guard. Mine is still on order, but I will be able to tell when it gets here.

From what I have read, all Shockwaves are built on the A1 platform for some reason with the heavier metal, and metal trigger guard. Mine is still on order, but I will be able to tell when it gets here.

I have both the 12 and 20 gauge Shockwave firearms. The Shockwaves, both 12 and 20 gauge are built on the 590 platform. However, they do have heavy wall barrels like the A1. The Shockwaves come with plastic trigger groups and plastic safety levers.

Best regards.

Out of curiosity, was there a particular reason why you dropped the AOW registration?

I know the transfer tax is only $5, but still.

Oh, thanks for the info. I guess I will need to buy another metal safety like I did for the 590.

I hear you. I replace every plastic Mossberg safety before I even shoot the shotgun, or in the case of the Shockwaves, the firearms. ;)

Best regards.

Out of curiosity, was there a particular reason why you dropped the AOW registration?

I know the transfer tax is only $5, but still.

Tax had never been paid on the gun. It was on a Form 3 not a Form 4 yet. Just had been sitting around in this dealers extra bin as a leftover from a project he worked on a few years back. With the "invention" of the shockwave firearm he decided there was finally a use for them.

Doing an AOW on this would be pointless now that the shockwave deal is around. Just less hassle if you wanted to travel with it. Forget to file a form 20 or something and cross state lines....ouch. Or one more NFA item that my wife would have to deal with if I get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Back