• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 SPX Sling Options.

BloodOfTheNorth

Copper BB
Well guys, I finally got me hands on a 590A1 SPX. Now I have to find a viable sling option. I'm not too sure how well a single point sling on a 20" barreled gun would work. Seems like it would hang too low. I've also been looking at the Specter Gear line of 3 point slings. All the pics I see on their site the sling is mounted to a 18" barreled gun. I've never used a 3 point sling and I'm not sure if the difference in mag tube length would make a difference. Oh, and here is the kicker, I'm left handed too. It doesn't look like the front sling mount would reverse, maybe with some modification. Here's a link to the mount in question http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetai ... ctCode=160 So, I'm interested to hear you guys experiences with different types of slings on a 20" Mossy. I'd especially like to hear from other "wrong handed" Mossy owners out there. Thanks guys, Sam-

I run mainly single point slings on my shotguns even the 20" barrel versions. It is just my particular preference.

With hundreds of slings on the market it can be very hard to choose which one is right for you and your setup. When I look for a sling my major requirements are reliability (I want to be able to trust my life with it) and functionality (it needs to get the job done with no frills added). Now there are numerous slings on the market that fit my needs but one thing that caught my eye with the Button Sling was there system for mounting it to your shotgun. Traditionally shotgun mounts for slings are bulky and increase your length of pull (unless its build into the stock) but this is not the case with Button Sling. The Button Sling the mount attaches directly to your receiver and is extremely low profile. There is a plastic tab bungee sling that is extremely durable yet keeps your receiver from being scratched up. However if you want a “true” mil-spec system you can purchase the Mega Latch version. Additionally Button Sling offers a universal sling end that will attach like most other slings for those that don’t want to enjoy the benefits of a button mount. You will not be disappointed with a Button Sling; my only wish was that they made slings in other variations (2pt and 3pt) so that all of my firearms would have a Button Sling on them.

p230390230-4.jpg

p379102431-4.jpg

p150112012-4.jpg

p308798203-4.jpg

p434490582-4.jpg

p502492827-4.jpg

p959141789-4.jpg

p793886000-4.jpg

p681015004-4.jpg

p570952777-4.jpg

p652340707-4.jpg

p740123067-4.jpg

p932284893-4.jpg

p820366164-4.jpg

p640711632-4.jpg

p1033173854-4.jpg

p852327308-4.jpg

YOU LEFTIES... WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? LOOK INTO THE LIGHT ALREADY! :D

Dan, This is actually the first I've heard of the button sling, but I'm interested in the engineering of this. Here's my 2 cents on the matter.

What is your main philosophy of use (POU) of your shotgun. IMHO this will change the type of sling you'll most likely find suitable for your situation. A single point sling provides ease of use and range of motion, but you loose stability when the gun isn't shouldered (just as you thought, some shotties will hang very low with a single point sling). A traditional 2 point is probably the most comfortable to carry when your hunting/hiking because the wight of the gun is essentially spread through the entirety of the sling and it wears much like a backpack (give the strap is wide enough to properly secure it), the drawback being range of motion while shooting and most likely you won't utilize the sling at all. A 3 point sling is obviously a combination of both, and the type I've recently learned to appreciate. With the three point, you can either choose to run it as a two point sling or a hybrid; where the hybrid creates a loop to go around your shoulder and over the head, but also retains a portion of the sling that connects to the front of the gun (accessory sling mount or swivel mount). Most 3 points connect to the buttstock via swivel or strap. I'm still learning the combat effectiveness of the three point sling, but from what I can tell, this is my favorite on my 590A1.

Back