1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

590A1 With Heat shield

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Pump Action' started by Jay H, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Jay H

Jay H .22LR

Purchased a Heat Shield from Aimpro and just got it installed. I think it's very nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Sounds great. Any problems?
  3. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Looks sweet man!
  4. Jay H

Jay H .22LR

Well, you have to be careful and not cut the spacer too short or too long, this takes some careful measuring and cutting. Also to get the screws through both sides of the front mount so you can get the nut on, you have to use a pair of pliers to squeeze the bracket. I would recomend using locking pliers like I did as it allows you to free up both hands. In order to tighten the hardware down tight you will need a hex key and a socket wrench, one for screw head and one to keep the nut from turning as you tighten the screw or vise versa. It's worth the effort. Also you need to use a cotton patch or two as you slip the shield over the barrel or you will scratch up your barrel.
  5. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Thanks...and I must be going blind to have missed the link to the pics. Lookin' good and nice job!
  6. Midwest Freak

Midwest Freak .410

great news with the install , because i want one too . :mrgreen:
  7. Ripsnortr

Ripsnortr 20g

Very well done. A bot of extra effort with the GRS, but worth the final look IMHO.