• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

6.5 grendel Prvi recall

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
http://www.ppu-usa.com/news/

PRODUCT SAFETY AND RECALL NOTICE FOR 6.5 GRENDEL AMMUNITION
Prvi Partizan (“PPU”), the manufacturer, is recalling all 6.5 Grendel ammunition.

This recall applies to ALL 6.5 Grendel ammunition. DO NOT USE OR SELL THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:

PP6.30 6.5 Grendel FMJBT 110gr
PPU_Rifle_Ammo_2015_00030.jpg

PP6.31 6.5 Grendel HPBT 120gr

PPU_Rifle_Ammo_2015_00030.jpg

Because of different chamber sizes in certain rifles, 6.5 Grendel cartridges may be subjected to excessive chamber pressure.

Use of these products may result in firearm damage and possible serious personal injury.
If you have any 6.5 Grendel ammunition or brass manufactured by PPU, please call (203) 375-8544 to info@ppu-usa.com arrange for its return and replacement.

Thank you.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
TR&Z USA Trading Corporation

I don't have a 6.5 but appreciate the heads up!

Hmmm, the stuff I have has shot okay. I'll have to call later, see if it also applies to Wolf. Which is made by PPU

Seems they're blaming barrel manufacture for the problems. Prvi is discontinuing their entire line of 6.5G. They will refund with shipping if you have your recipts, or exchange the ammo for another caliber. That they have in stock. No one over at 65Grendel.com had had any kind of issue with the ammo. I'm going to keep the few rounds I have left. The PPU brass has proven inadequate for more than 1 or 2 reloads. So I guess I need to pony up and get some Lapua brass. Hornady offers factory ammo, and brass, and is averaging 7 or so reloads.

Back