• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

600 & 1,000 yd. Ranges in MO

mingaa

Raconteur
I occasionally make the 65 mile trip to Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City MO for multi-gun matches. I was up Saturday for an IDPA event and stopped to gawk at the 600 yard range.

The club has to certify you before you can shoot it. A small number of members ponied up personal cash to create a 1,000 yard range that borders on a club within a club. The road to it was locked - it was new since my last trip there in the fall.

600 is awesome to me - currently my interest drops off at 100. The 600 yd. shooters drive to and from targets - how long would a cease fire be if not!! :eek:

Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis 2045 Kohn Rd Wright City, MO http://www.shootingstl.com/drupal/

8759153414_20db69f04f.jpg

8758028227_187726f80b_c.jpg

Wow! I was doin 100 yards with my mosin nagant last week. I'd shoot 5 rounds then walk down to llok cuz my binoculars weren't powerful enough to see that far clearly. Good exercise.... :)

Just need to get a volunteer to stand downrange and call hits via radio...send the targets back to the line via airmail... :eek: :lol:

BTW, very nice range...we have 25/50/100/200 yds but some a-holes keep blowing apart our target stands with their SG's and turkey loads. Instead of hanging targets on the mesh stands they draw circles on the hard-backed rifle target stands and blast away. The first one that gets caught will be paying for ALL the damage so far...and get a trip to the county grey-bar hotel...chitheads...

Very nice, I've always wanted to try some longer yardages.

That's awfully nice, especially the road to drive out and check targets. Ours has out to 300 yards but I haven't used it yet. If I had hit the $600 million Powerball the other day I would have had a range that far and the road to check them would double as drag strip.

Which is quicker? Mike or a bullet? Don't know? Lets go to Mikes drag strip target range and find out. :)

OhioArcher said:
Just need to get a volunteer to stand downrange and call hits via radio...send the targets back to the line via airmail... :eek: :lol:

BTW, very nice range...we have 25/50/100/200 yds but some a-holes keep blowing apart our target stands with their SG's and turkey loads. Instead of hanging targets on the mesh stands they draw circles on the hard-backed rifle target stands and blast away. The first one that gets caught will be paying for ALL the damage so far...and get a trip to the county grey-bar hotel...chitheads...
The place I joined has a great selection of ranges + trap, skeet, cowboy, steel, ranges got to 100 which is fine with me - most of what I do is CQB oriented and 100 is a long-ish shot. The 6 'combat pits' rock. Set up a shooting scenario with available furniture and steel and have at it!

They host the full litany of sanctioned matches every month and for a fully volunteer 501c3 it runs very well.

The jackholes are there. Rules are posted. No matter though. The club DOES have an extensive system of hi res cameras (constantly expanding) with a month of data storage. To shoot trap or skeet you take a qualifying lesson and get a key to run your own sessions. But NO. Recently members were seen on stored footage throwing clays, cans etc. into the air and trying to hit them with rifle rounds. Most shots were going above the berms (breaking the 'blue line' rule is grounds for banning) - sending rounds off the property to???! They were identified from the cameras after a complaint and are now ex members. Good luck with your rogue shotgun jagoffs!!

ARPC: http://www.arnoldgunclub.org/

We have had rounds go off property as well. Almost closed the club. We don't have cameras yet but it has been discussed ad nauseum. $$$ is the problem. I said mount the camera in the training room next to the gate. Take pictures of license plates as they come and go. Check the range once, twice a day. If damage is found, review the camera card. Contact everyone on it or have the sheriff make a house call. Crap will end quickly.

Back