• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.650 Caliber slugs by Centurion & Nobelsport

BenSamp

.270 WIN
I just ordered 50 rnds each of .650 roundball slugs from SGammo by Nobelsport and Centurion, has anyone used this type of ammo before? I will be testing these as soon as they come in to see how well they group at distance and penetrating different materials. A .650 caliber slug @1400 fps should generate some serious blunt force trauma to whatever it impacts, any feedback from anyone who have used this slug would be fantastic.

Sorry BenSamp...but I myself have never tried that particular load.

But please do a range report when you find the time and let us all know how they are...!! ;)

I should have my case of 250 of these guys tomorrow, I will be looking for your report. I will be doing a Centurion slug and big ball compairson when I can hit the range.

They should be here Friday per UPS, I'll get out this coming Tuesday and put these boys through something. If I like the way they shoot I think I'll order 1k of them @ 64.95 per 250 seems ok for SHTF ammo.

Got my case in today, the ball looked kind of small. Much smaller when compared to the 1-1/8oz slugs made by Centurion so the lead they use must be a denser material as it is only 1/8 oz lighter in weight.

megawatt said:
Much smaller when compared to the 1-1/8oz slugs made by Centurion so the lead they use must be a denser material as it is only 1/8 oz lighter in weight.

It’s because the ball is solid and the slug is a hollow foster.

oli700 said:
megawatt said:
Much smaller when compared to the 1-1/8oz slugs made by Centurion so the lead they use must be a denser material as it is only 1/8 oz lighter in weight.

It’s because the ball is solid and the slug is a hollow foster.

Second that statement. The Foster slug is like a badminton shuttlecock, which has a large cavity in its base. The ball isn't "denser" per se (although different lead alloys might cause a variance of a few grains either way) rather, it is very compact and doesn't have a shape that spreads the total weight out into a larger area.

I'm really looking forward to reading more about the findings anyone is willing to post up!

I want to know if the ball is in a wad. I can make .69 cal ball loads but it requires a wad so the ball doesn’t bounce down the bore.
These will penetrate better than foster slugs. But that doesn’t really mater for putting holes in paper…..better keep it in mind if you load it in your bedside gun.

Re: .650 Caliber slugs by Centurion & Nobelsport

I've used the centurion slugs and the double ball rounds. Really liked them, but it was really dirty ammo. The price is quite good though.

Re: .650 Caliber slugs by Centurion & Nobelsport

No but I been meaning to get some. The dbl ball rounds were
accurate out to about 50 yds, so I reckon the 65 cal would be as good or better. I've only used centurion as a plinker round, so I've not really put it through any real testing.

Sounds like these may be what the Doctor ordered. I have a VISA gift card burning a hole in my wallet so I am waiting on a range report. thanks

Just received my rounds today, after opening the boxes of Nobelsport and Centurion I had to laugh. To me these are the same rounds different packaging and lettering and at the bottom of the brass one says Cheddite and the other says Noblesport. Pictures to follow.

I thought the same thing from the pictures I have seen...same price too right?

6655641855_e495db6f7f_z.jpg
6655641863_ca5e2ae76c_z.jpg
6655641881_c8e09f9645_z.jpg
Yes, I bet they are made in the same factory put produced for different market segments.

BenSamp said:
They should be here Friday per UPS, I'll get out this coming Tuesday and put these boys through something. If I like the way they shoot I think I'll order 1k of them @ 64.95 per 250 seems ok for SHTF ammo.
Where do you buy them for that price?

Back