• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

7.62x39 Bullpup

Thanks guys.

dag8201, there other bullpups out there. I think the Tavor is ambi.

Though, they're about 3x the cost of an AR build, so unless they come down in price quite a bit, I won't own one. The SKS bullpup is less than $600 even with flip sights and a few mags.

And as where bullpups are concerned, it's got everything I want.

Other than still being slow on the mag changes.

The bullpup makes for a very nice, compact, and balanced weapon. I had two of the x39's out with me, and the bullpup was the second part of the video

Yes it is. I am more than pleased with it.

The mag that I had with me yesterday is slated to go back to tapco though. Out of the 3 mags I have for that gun, that one occasionally allows the bolt to ride over the rounds and not chamber them. Despite it being a new mag, I think there is an issue with that spring.

The other mags have been 100% though, and the gun itself has also been 100%, other than the issue with that one particular mag.

I was browsing the web today when I found mention of a bullpup similar to mine for sale.

I thought some of you may enjoy seeing this. I got a good chuckle from it. If you click the link, you'll have to scroll down almost to the bottom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.jjfu.com/gfs.html

The Ultimate SKS Bullpup

7.62 X 39 Includes 20rd mag and 75rd Drum Mag
SG Works Bullpup chassis
Vortex Optic
surefire light
M-Bus Magpul pop up sights
Read for Fun!
$1500 shipped to your FFL

bullpup2.jpg

bullpup4.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed several things about his gun that I dont' think was very well thought out.

The optic was not optimally placed and would have to be removed to utilize the rear sight.

The weapon light was one of the old polymer G2 lights I remember buying for about $35

That muzzle device appears to be attached via set screws rather than being threaded {eek}.

The laser is a Beamshot and typically can be found for well under $100 complete with mount and switch.

They didn't even take the time to remove the steel ventilated gas piston cover from underneath of the bullpup handguard. This will take longer to cool the weapon after shooting multiple shot strings.

I have not tried one myself, but I have heard in order to use a drum, that the stock will have to be modified as well so the drum will fit.

Just wow.

Back