• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T Flash Hiders/Suppressor/Barrel Threading

Re: need some help on flash hider

KDF-TX said:
LakinsDaddy said:
KDF-TX said:
They call it a "muzzle brake" but I think this may be what your're looking for. I ordered mine from Amazon 'cause I was placing an order anyway.
The NcStar Ruger 10/22 Short Muzzle Brake fits tight. I had to knock it on with a leather hammer. It does have a set screw and allen wrench but neither fit very well. I'm going to replace them soon.

so i could order one of them off ebay and it will work then correct? if it fits tight then there should be no problem with it falling off especially if i get a better set screw correct?

Yes and yes. For the NcStar brand anyway. There's another thread here somewhere with more info...

thanks for the help. now i just have to decide on the long or short. thanks guys for the help

Re: Mossberg 715T Flash Hiders/Barrel Threading

I just purchased this 715 with carrying handle and i love it, I have fully dressed it out with bipod, reddot scope, laser, sling, and flashlight mount.. looks great but Im wanting to finish it off with a flash hider but I dont want to order the wrong one that does not fit. I saw one on amazon for a 10/22 but not sure it will fit. Anyone know of which web site or dealer that has it and will go on. This is my first 22 and dont know to much about it yet but Im hooked.... thanks in advance

justicesammy said:
I just purchased this 715 with carrying handle and i love it, I have fully dressed it out with bipod, reddot scope, laser, sling, and flashlight mount.. looks great but Im wanting to finish it off with a flash hider but I dont want to order the wrong one that does not fit. I saw one on amazon for a 10/22 but not sure it will fit. Anyone know of which web site or dealer that has it and will go on. This is my first 22 and dont know to much about it yet but Im hooked.... thanks in advance

Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the new 715T. Take a look at the NcStar Ruger 10/22 Short Muzzle Brake.

Others here have had good luck with this one...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
justicesammy said:

Welcome aboard!

Congrats on the new 715T. Take a look at the NcStar Ruger 10/22 Short Muzzle Brake.

thanks , I will check it out

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

I found a metric #2 allen fits the set screw better than the one provided. I used Loctite Blue Thread Locker on it, but probably not necessary as it's a really tight fit on the barrel.

LakinsDaddy said:
thanks for the help. now i just have to decide on the long or short. thanks guys for the help

I posted this to another thread:
I found a metric #2 allen fits the set screw better than the one provided. I used Loctite Blue Thread Locker on it, but probably not necessary as it's a really tight fit on the barrel.

KDF-TX said:
LakinsDaddy said:

I posted this to another thread:

thanks. i ordered the ncstar long 10/22 muzzle brake just waiting on it to get here. i plan on cutting the barrel down and putting the muzzle brake on then having the brake brazed on so its permanet. here we have a 16in barrel law so im going to have this one cut down and with the brake it will be at the 16in limit

.22 is already so quiet even a rifle i find that a pistol .22 seems louder then any .22 rifle ive tried. If i put a shroud on it ide only do it for looks. I dont really need a .22 any quieter then it is.

Plus the $200. tax stamp? heck another $50. thats another mossberg 715T! :D

Justicesammy:

NcStar ruger 10-22 short muzzle breaks works great on the cary handle 715's. Back out the lock nut or just take it off altogether. I put a little lube inside mine, and gingerly tapped it on with a rubber mallet. It fits nice and tight, the lock nut isn't needed.

Install it with the cutout to the underside of your barrel, it looks great! My brother and a couple buddies put them on theirs after they saw mine! You can surf it on Google and find good prices. Mine was on Amazon, and it came from Walmart...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Century-N ... k/17479618

Re: fake suppressor home made

You should call it a shroud, a shroud gives the illusion of a supressor but its just covering the barrel not the muzzle. It also gives the illusion that the barrel is shorter then it really is.

I often wonder about muzzle brakes i would think they would alter sound some how?

Well, they make both barrel shrouds and fake suppressors (as seen on tacticool22.com), but I understand what you meant. The shroud slides more over the barrel and the fake suppressor extends the overall length.

DarthJim said:
Well, they make both barrel shrouds and fake suppressors (as seen on tacticool22.com), but I understand what you meant. The shroud slides more over the barrel and the fake suppressor extends the overall length.

How does that work? how can it match the lands and grooves? What keeps the round from hitting the extended length? i dont think ide want that

I read that one of the things that help accuracy is the crown on the end of the muzzle. If you have some extended tube wouldnt that cause accuracy problems?

BowerR64 said:
I often wonder about muzzle brakes i would think they would alter sound some how?

Some do.

And those are classified as silencers.

The old original M16/CAR flashiders had a series of cones inside of them that reduced sound and muzzle flash, but later were deemed silencers, and to my knowlege, only offered on military contract guns.

The Noveske pig compensators were loosely based on that concept, although they are not sealed.

But that is the only one that I know of that was made in a similiar manner.

Most compensators increase the sound the shooter and bystanders hears by redirecting some of the escaping gasses in a direction other than forward.

But they don't reduce the sound level of the shot being fired (decibels).

LakinsDaddy said:
thanks. i ordered the ncstar long 10/22 muzzle brake just waiting on it to get here. i plan on cutting the barrel down and putting the muzzle brake on then having the brake brazed on so its permanet. here we have a 16in barrel law so im going to have this one cut down and with the brake it will be at the 16in limit

Be prepared to buy some tools. Im planning the same project but i realized its not as simple as just using a hacksaw and whacking it off. There is some what of a science to the muzzle and if you tear it up it wont ever shoot right again.

While your waiting ont he part BEFORE you cut it off read about "muzzle crowning" i think this plays a big role in accuracy. If you get it wrong you will have alot of flyers

Here is a few pics i snapped of a few of my .22s i have including the 715T (see if you can pick the 715T of all these)

Guncrowns_zps22cb4b81.jpg

Rkillion said:
I am working on a fake suppressor, and am trying to figure out how to make the attachment and ensure that the round comes through cleanly. I was thinking I could fill the tube with expansion foam and then shoot a round through the foam... However I think that would effectively be a real suppressor. I was also thinking that could be how I attach it to the barrel, but idk yet. Any ideas?

Along with all the legal stuff, I think you'd end up with a mess. Wouldn't this be basically like plugging the barrel? I know the foam isn't hard but I don't think you'd get nice round hole out the end. At the very least, the muzzle blast would remove all the foam.

BTW, silencers or suppressors are legal to own in OH but they are classified as "dangerous ordinance". One LGS in Columbus sells them over the counter. I need to look into getting one or at least the adapters at the gunshow to use various items like oil filters...

OhioArcher said:
Rkillion said:
I am working on a fake suppressor, and am trying to figure out how to make the attachment and ensure that the round comes through cleanly. I was thinking I could fill the tube with expansion foam and then shoot a round through the foam... However I think that would effectively be a real suppressor. I was also thinking that could be how I attach it to the barrel, but idk yet. Any ideas?

Along with all the legal stuff, I think you'd end up with a mess. Wouldn't this be basically like plugging the barrel? I know the foam isn't hard but I don't think you'd get nice round hole out the end. At the very least, the muzzle blast would remove all the foam.

BTW, silencers or suppressors are legal to own in OH but they are classified as "dangerous ordinance". One LGS in Columbus sells them over the counter. I need to look into getting one or at least the adapters at the gunshow to use various items like oil filters...

I read the adaptor is the $200. tax stamp. Thats the part you have to register or something. I never really looked into it because i dont see the need. They look cool but i dont need it quiet, im more for the looks then the function of them.

I bought a GSG522 it has this shroud thing on it and it looks mean like that with that big fat shroud covering the tiny little barrel. Just like the mossy you take the shell off and under all that black is still grandpas old farm rifle he shot mouse with in the barn.

Flash Suppressor For 715

I can't seem to find any recent posts on this so I want to inquire as to where I can get a flash suppressor for my 715? The carry handle model ...

Thank You

Color me a newbie but I thought the 715T, which I have, has a brake on it already? Is it not functional? Is it just a flash suppressor or what exactly is it?

The flat-top models come with a threaded barrel and a flash hider installed, but the carry handle models are not threaded and have no flash hider...

Back