800 CM Mannlicher..Sort of..

Discussion in 'Discontinued Mossberg Models' started by saleen322, Oct 12, 2017.

1. saleen322

saleen322 .410

My first rifle was a new 800 Mossberg BSM that my father bought me at 13. Since then I always had a soft spot for them and I buy them now and then when I see one for a reasonable price. A local classified had a 800 CM (22-250 Mannlicher) for sale. I called and the guy told me it did not have the full length stock. Now if it was the Mannlicher, I kind of have a stock. Some years back I bought a Revelation (Western Auto) marked Mossberg that had a 22" barrel but a Mannlicher stock. It looked a little odd but shot great so I just used it like that. I bought the 800 CM and did the stock switch. I am happy with it and a plus is that it seems the 800 CM may be one of the rarer 800s. I will post a range report when I get a chance to shoot her. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Scoop likes this.
  2. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well that sure looks great.

Do you think the full length stock will change the accuracy?
    saleen322 likes this.
  3. saleen322

saleen322 .410

I never shot the 22-250 with the old stock. The 308 it was on shot well but now I can see if the 308 changed with the switched stock on it. I am curious as well to see what it does.
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well, if looks could kill, you won't have any problems eating. It looks sharp to me.
    saleen322 likes this.
  5. saleen322

saleen322 .410

Thank you John!
  6. saleen322

saleen322 .410

It was windy but I got a chance to fire a couple of rounds from the Mossberg 800 CM. I very scientifically went though some plastic shell boxes and, HEY, found some 22-250 rounds that were clearly not the same but there were 9 with two overall lengths. lol The longer ones did not look as nice so I decided to shoot them first hoping they were on paper at 100 yards. The first round was high-right but well on the paper so I shot 2 more and got a 3-shot group of 1.75". I made a sight adjustment and shot three of the "prettier" rounds and they landed into a group of about 1". I was wondering if it was just luck so I shot one more and it landed in the center of the group. I was about to shoot the last round when I thought maybe I should save it so I can figure out the load as that is pretty good for a sporter weight barrel and the rifle seems to like that load. Have a busy week this week but I am going to try to load something more organized and get some chrono readings.
    [​IMG]
    John A. and CaddmannQ like this.