• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

802 Plinkster Trigger Assembly Issues

Awoitte

Copper BB
I recently broke out an old/cheap rifle I won back at a CWA event a while back - 802 plinkster bolt action -.

I took it apart as it hadn't been cleaned for a while and couldn't seem to figure out how the trigger assembly went back in (when I opened the gun out everything just fell out before I could take not of how it looked).

I reached out to Mossberg since they don't have a great schematic or details on this, and they returned an email with the following:

"The trigger group is restricted to gunsmiths for repair. This is why the manual and online files have no reference information.
Please send the trigger group to our repair center or bring it to a gunsmith for reassembly."

Considering how inexpensive this gun is and out of principle I don't feel its completely necessary to send this gun in or take it to a gunsmith just to get a few pieces back together. Does anyone have any advice? I've attached the parts that go in, specifically the small spring and bracket looking piece are the ones giving me trouble.

Thanks

Attachments

• 802.jpg
    802.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 5
Bump: Baesed on the response from Mossberg I'm considering this might be standard practice for all firearms. Are they all restricted as far as trigger assembly goes?

Just a suggestion. Have you tried youtube ?
Great suggestion! Absolutely, I have...

There are a number of videos of the 802 plinkster on Youtube, however all the videos of disassembly include models that differ from my own when you get down to the trigger level.

My buddy was able to put it back after some time. Plan on uploading a photo just for a visual for those needing it in the future. Is that allowed?

My buddy was able to put it back after some time. Plan on uploading a photo just for a visual for those needing it in the future. Is that allowed?

Yes it is absolutely allowed and encouraged to post a picture of the trigger assembly! :D Use the "Upload a File" feature...

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Back