835 as a home defense shotgun

Discussion in 'Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action' started by Rossignol, Aug 31, 2015.

1. mic214

mic214 .410

I am on my second 835 that I modded into an HD shotgun. The first one got traded off for a nice S&W revolver a while back. So when I found another real nice 835 for $200.00, I snapped it up. This one came with wood stocks. I have a set of the synthetic stocks for it, but I am liking the wood for now. I threw on my 18" riot gun barrel (Cylinder bore) and the mag extension I had made up for my first 835. Now all I got to add is a rear sling swivel and I will be in business.....

[​IMG]
    John A., Elbert Garrett and Rossignol like this.
  2. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

Yeah, that's pretty sweet lookin!
    mic214 likes this.
  3. Forrestinmathews

Forrestinmathews .410

Buying the 18" barrel and reaming to 3½"?
  4. mic214

mic214 .410

No, my 18" barrel is made for the 835 and is factory chambered for 3-1/2"……
  5. Forrestinmathews

Forrestinmathews .410

6. mic214

mic214 .410

No, they only come with a fixed cylinder bore choke. These barrels are not listed on Mossberg's website, you have to call them to order one.
  7. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

If you're looking for a shorter barrel with chokes, mine is a 20" and came with one ported tube. I believe those can be ordered from Mossberg too.
    mic214 likes this.
  8. K_Weber

K_Weber Copper BB

just got 18.5 barrel for a gun just like pic above...
    got the gun just after they came out so long ago...
    ? is where is that mag extesion from?
  9. mic214

mic214 .410

The mag extension on my 835 came from a member on another board (max100) who was making them for a while. He ran into some issues with production and delivery, so he closed up shop. I believe that Choate makes a mag extension for the 835.
  10. Forrestinmathews

Forrestinmathews .410

Nordic components. They make very nice magazine extensions. I have run one on a Benelli for years. Great stuff.
    Rossignol likes this.