• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 24" non-ported 12G barrel available?

mingaa

Raconteur
Like it says - I'm looking for a 930 non-ported 24" 12G barrel threaded for chokes. There's a 2 year discussion on Eno's forum and some custom ones may have been made. I've done a good bit of searching but meeting all criteria has not happened yet. I can buy and modify but (of course) would prefer off the shelf.

I'm looking to shoot 3gun this year and while small clubs might accept a defeated (covered) port - the letter of the rules push me into open classing. As a noob I may not care about classing BUT if there is an easy answer that I'm missing I'm going to certainly consider it.

Thought I'd check here before calling Mossberg just in case!

Thanks. :D

I've heard they are available from Mossberg even though they do not appear on the web page. I seem to recall some guys buying them for 3-gun competition.

I'd give them a call.

mingaa said:
Like it says - I'm looking for a 930 non-ported 24" 12G barrel threaded for chokes. There's a 2 year discussion on Eno's forum and some custom ones may have been made. I've done a good bit of searching but meeting all criteria has not happened yet. I can buy and modify but (of course) would prefer off the shelf.

I'm looking to shoot 3gun this year and while small clubs might accept a defeated (covered) port - the letter of the rules push me into open classing. As a noob I may not care about classing BUT if there is an easy answer that I'm missing I'm going to certainly consider it.

Thought I'd check here before calling Mossberg just in case!

Thanks. :D

Post what Mossberg says. I'd be interested in what you find out.

You can order them directly from mossberg without the porting. Not sure on the pricing though.

Yes - the word is that the 3 gun set have had them made - Mossberg obliged. I hope that is true and that they are are reasonably priced. I'll call ASAP and post. I like the 24" as a compromise length - does a lot pretty well.

mingaa said:
Yes - the word is that the 3 gun set have had them made - Mossberg obliged. I hope that is true and that they are are reasonably priced. I'll call ASAP and post. I like the 24" as a compromise length - does a lot pretty well.

Cool I'm also in the market for a 24" non-ported barrel threaded for chokes in a couple of months. I'd be interested in their price.

YES! - I spoke with a Mossberg factory rep this AM and the barrel IS available. To order it you use the same part number as the ported version and they add it to the next run of those barrels (4-6 weeks turn is the story, varies with work load). The rep told me that the part # is 16975MTFO - same as the ported version (24" 930 non-ported, threaded for choke - probably only comes with the X-full turkey like mine from the factory but accepts standard Mossberg chokes - my old 500s work fine) - price quoted was $180 plus shipping.

This is what the barrel (I believe) looks like on the website: turkey 93025 adjustable fo 12 ga. 24" accu - ulti-full only matte $189.63 (fo = fiber optic)

I'd discuss the order carefully when placing it - I double checked (verbally) the part number on the call.

Sweet thanks for the update. I'll probably call in an order closer to August so I'll have the barrel in time for the fall.

Yeah - with the lag time I'll look at what 3gun match will be my starter and work backwards from that date. IDPA is fun and I'm looking for more real world shooting challenges! 3gun is a bigger commitment and not as frequent or close by as IDPA - there is a monthly match 15 miles form home and quite a few others to choose from.

Frustration and redemption!

I was looking for a barrel for setting up my 930 for 3-gun. I wanted a 24" 12ga, non-ported barrel with interchangeable choke. The Mossberg website showed this in "New MossyOak Breakup" under the number 93026. I double and triple checked the description and the photo. No indication of porting! So, when it arrived I was disappointed to find "Ported" on the package description label, and porting in the barrel.

I called Mossberg and spoke with Alex on Monday of this week. First, she looked at the description of the 93026 and confirmed that it appeared to be non-ported. Then she told me that the barrel I'm looking for, though not on the website, was in the 930JM line (available in 22" or 24" 12ga, vent rib, non-ported, modified (and interchangeable) choke, in matte black). She told me they were currently in stock and ready to ship, and better yet, it would be delivered with a return label for the other barrel I had just purchased. When the barrel arrives, I'll post a follow-up!

We had a 28" Snow Goose model that was pictured without ports on the Mossberg website. You guessed it, the barrel indeed showed up ported.

85123-media.jpg

We took the opportunity to turn it into a 22" non-ported barrel and ordered a spare when they had their barrel sale. Some of those stock photographs create problems when a surprise 'feature' bumps you into a different division. What we lack in patience, we make up for with tools!

index.php

Glad they are taking care of you and welcome to the forum!

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

I did receive my 24" non-ported, vent rib, fiber optic barrel in matte black, with interchangeable choke, exactly as ordered! It was an even exchange for the turkey barrel I had already purchased for $178.

BTW, loaded up my 930 with the OR3GUN Pro Competition Combo. Great kit!!!

Last edited:
Back