• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Autoloader vs 930 SPX

Cheytac

Copper BB
Can anyone explain the difference between the standard Autoloader and the SPX? I see the difference between the barrels, but what about the actions?

I am lookiing to build a 3-gun shotgun but want more than the 18.5" barrel. So I was thinking about the Waterfowl with the 28" barrel, cutting it down to 22", and then having it re-threaded. I would also add a +4 tube to max out at 8 +1.

However, I would prefer to have the better of the actions. Any information would be greatly appreciated....

Cheytac...

Main difference is the Autoloader is usually camo'd for hunting...the SPX is competition and security. Sights differ accordingly. Actions will be the same...

This might fit the bill...two barrels...18.5" for HD and a 28" to trim down for competition. You could also pickup a extended magazine tube to make it 7+1...and there are many different sighting options, like ghost ring and AR style.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=32

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your best option for 3 gun with a Mossberg 930 autoloader is to call up and purchase the 24" turkey barrel withOUT porting. As for the difference the 930SPX comes with generally a heavy wall barrel, magazine extension, lpa ghost ring sights, a picitanny rail, +/- pistol grip stock.

Officially, they don't have an offering for 24" without porting yet, but have it in the works. Members of the Brian Enos forum have had success calling in and specially requesting one. It is actually cheaper in most cases to have your 28" sent out to be cut and threaded by a gunsmith.

Back