• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Description of operation?

gringosalsero

Copper BB
Is there a detailed description of the sequence of events that happen in the 930's cycle? I did a search and could not find it.

I just purchased my first shotgun (and long gun), a 930 Waterfowler. I expect to shoot it tomorrow for the first time. I field stripped it last night and everything looked ok, as my several weeks of research from this forum and youtube allow. Not gunky, just oil in all the places I would expect in a new gun. The gas piston fits kind of tight (but does move) and I expect that it will work-in over time. Kind of like a tight new 1911 slide...

Me and my buddies are 1911 freaks and we constantly study it's operation (along with shooting them every week) and have debates about what should (is) happen(ing) at such-and-such time. I would like to see a description for the 930.

thanks to all.

One other thing I noticed when I was function testing. I was trying to pull the trigger when the bolt was just out-of-battery to see how far it would allow this and release the hammer. I was somewhat supprised that the hammer was falling when slightly out-of-battery. Does anyone know what the tolerance is for this? Does the 930 have some sort of "disconnector" and how is this accomplished?

Let's see...this is not out of a manual, though.

1. Load ammo into the magazine until full.
2. Pull the slide back and release.
3. Slide safety off.
4. Pull trigger.
5. Repeat step 4 until magazine is empty.
6. Go back to step 1.

That's how mine works.;);););););););););););););););););););)

Let's see...this is not out of a manual, though.

1. Load ammo into the magazine until full.
2. Pull the slide back and release.
3. Slide safety off.
4. Pull trigger.
5. Repeat step 4 until magazine is empty.
6. Go back to step 1.

That's how mine works.;);););););););););););););););););););)

Some people get in their car, turn the key and are happy. Others go deeper in their curiosity, some way deeper. Different strokes...

Back