• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 gas assembly wrench

I ended up making my own wrench. Didn't like trying to use screw drivers.
DSCN3618_zpsupwmucfw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What's the gas valve assembly? I don't require any tools to disassemble my 930SPX except for a small screwdriver to remove the piston seal rings.

Are you talking about that piece that's on the front of the lug? If so, a Mossberg tech told me not to mess with it as it's pressed in at the factory. Just sayin'.

Yes, I believe that's it.

I tried taking mine out as well to clean it, but it sure didn't agree with me or my plans, so I just left it alone and cleaned it as best as I could.

I started working in a safe easy tool to remove and assemble the gas seal spring and nut. After getting the tool done I was able to remove the spring and put it back together quickly and safely. Without slipping and possibly causing damage. Another advantage is that the tool keeps the spring and the seal properly aligned while reassembly.

3147c054a76187404e6332086902c836.jpg

I will be making a video in the next couple days to demonstrate how this works.

If I have enough interest in this I will make more for sale. Not sure yet on a price yet.

Steve

Back