• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 JM PRO PITTED GAS RING??

Aidank

.22LR
I have shot around 200+cartridges and done 3 field strips and I notice that the small ring on the piston is pitted which to my surprise on a new gun.I called my importers who informed me that it is a service Part .
Is there a replacement Piston Upgrade by anyone for the 930 JM PRO,Do Nordic do one or another company or do we just replace the original ring ?In the mean time I have ordered a spare,apart from that Love the Gun :)

See if you have a place around you that will do coatings. I am having my piston polished, and then Nickel Boron coated.

Hi Thanks I assume that Is that the piston+ the 2 Rings ? and what is the benefit if you don't mind me asking

yes, I am having the pistol with rings, the tube, and the spacer tube coated. If you are experiencing pitting on your piston, the Nickel Boron coating won't pit. NiB is also a much slicker metal so it will work well even without being lubed. And 930's don't generaly run well with lube on the piston parts. It also makes it easier to clean since the carbon can't stick to it as well.

May thanks for that Today I contacted a few Gun smiths to see of they new where I could get Nickel Boron and just got blank replies !! One new of it but had no idea if its done here in the UK.I spoke with the UK importers for Mossberg and they had no idea either.They sent me a replacement ring for the piston but it turned out to be for another gun:-( called and asked again if they new where I could get the NiB again no idea but they are sending a complete new piston for me free of charge which is great service from York Guns in the UK AND SO HELPFUL.I will persevere to see if anyone can point me in the direction.If I did find someone does it make any difference to the fit of the Piston i.e. slack/tight in the barrel.

Back