• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 JM replacement spring

USMC_5711

.270 WIN
Where can I get A spring to replace the original on my 930 JM Pro?

A quick Google search doesn't seem to yield anything.

Can I get that direct from Mossberg?

I seem to have really screwed mine up when I put my grips on, and now it's completely unserviceable.

Any help or advice that you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Yes, you can call Mossberg directly but it may take a while to get it from them. Midwayusa has several different lengths as well as universal (45") springs available. I picked up one from them as a spare. I'm sure other parts dealers has them as well.

A lot of JM (and 930 in general) owners cut their stock springs down to "fix" a feeding problem that is happening on a lot of them.

What length should it be?

I'll be damned if getting that thing back in wasn't one of the hardest things I've ever done with a weapon.

My factory JM Pro 24" spring was 39". I replaced it with a Wolff Extra Power spring that they sell for a 590 8+1. Works perfect and with the extra power spring is 29" which makes removing and installing a breeze.

Last edited:
Do you happen to have the link to where you bought that handy?

Purchased and manually tested, seems legit. Only the range will tell us how I made out.

Any updates on this? How did the 590 spring work out in your JM Pro?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With rounds that have at least 1300 FPS, no problems.

1200 seems to be the lower limit.

The Winchester white box stuff tends to go sideways towards the end of the magazine.

Back