• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 likes to run dry?

racknrider

Copper BB
I recently purchased a 930 JM and would like to relate my experiences. The first day I got the gun I took it to the range and shot it straight out of the box. It ran all slugs, buckshot, and birdshot (100 pack winchester) with no problems. Woohoo! Took it home for a thorough cleaning and lube. Next day, FTEs and stovepipes, so I go online. I clean the gas piston and lube it very lightly. Back to the range I go. Feeds and ejects fine but 4 light primer strikes. I take it back home, disassemble and clean the gas piston, again lube lightly. I then remove as much oil as I can from the bolt and slide and blow everything out with the compressor. Back to the range and it runs like a sewing machine, feeds, extracts and fires everything I feed it. I lube with Breakfree CLP. Anyway, this is the 1st time I've had a gun that actually seems to be lube sensitive. Just my observations.

I've had the opposite experience.

However I switched to frog lube now which is a dry lube. Haven't shot it yet so I can't comment.

I use the Breakfree CLP sparingly and never had a problem...but, whatever works is my advice.

+1 for Frog Lube. At first it seems more labor intensive than using a conventional lubricant, but on the other hand, it saves much time in the cleaning process as treated metal surfaces easily wipe clean. Expensive, but a little bit goes a long way.........

I don't run mine dry but it does run best with the minimal amount of lube.

I use Slip2000 in mine.

I run my guys dry universally.

Even the AR? Especially the AR.

Lube attracts dirt. Dirt stops firearms from functioning. Firearms that don't function are useless to me.

I have never had a problem from it. I also clean my guns religiously and very thoroughly.

Back